Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 06:34 PM

264 posts, read 2,143,756 times

Advertisements

Naperville is overrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 09:16 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusz View Post
Naperville is overrated.
Why dont you explain... I think most would disagree.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:09 PM

109 posts, read 261,837 times
I blame the water... The people here are.....

Old 10-23-2007, 11:10 PM

264 posts, read 2,143,756 times
The town is completely crowded. Its like driving in Chicago. There are stop lights every 20 feet. They have the worst Taco Bell I've ever ate at. Aurora to the west, West Chicago to the North. 59 is crowded no matter what time you drive on it. Ogden is crowded no matter what time you drive on it. The racial makeup is too diverse. Housing prices are high for their size, rent is too high even in the slums. The Portillos drive through takes 30 minutes, another 30 minutes to get back on 59. Targets, Walgreens, CVS, and Jewels are on every street corner. High pollution.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:35 PM

109 posts, read 261,837 times
Quote:
The town is completely crowded. Its like driving in Chicago. There are stop lights every 20 feet. They have the worst Taco Bell I've ever ate at. Aurora to the west, West Chicago to the North. 59 is crowded no matter what time you drive on it. Ogden is crowded no matter what time you drive on it. The racial makeup is too diverse. Housing prices are high for their size, rent is too high even in the slums. The Portillos drive through takes 30 minutes, another 30 minutes to get back on 59. Targets, Walgreens, CVS, and Jewels are on every street corner. High pollution.
I'd like to add to that:

Yea, Rt. 59 is a never ending strip mall. Worst Taco Bell EVER. Worst Bowling Alley ever--Why does my ball come back with dirt on it? High priced slums. My apartment hallway reeks of curry. It smells like death outside. Pleas of innocence coming from the parking lot at 3AM: You probably DID hit her, that why the cops are arresting you.

On the upside the Speedway Gas Station is nice. Relatively cheap gas, 2for2$ 2liter cokes, constant supply of buy1get1free Cigs, Haribo Gold gummy bears....

OK for now

Old 10-24-2007, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Seriously? Naperville "sucks" because of a Taco Bell?

Yes, Aurora is to the west, but that section of Aurora isnt that bad until you hit Farnsworth, and we're talking about Naperville here, not Aurora. And West Chicago is not to the north, that would be Warrenville, which is another nice town. 59 is only crowded during rush hour and mid-day on the weekends. I know, I used to live right off of it in Naperville. I will agree about the Walgreens and CVS's though, they are getting rediculous. BUT, theyre nice to have when its midnight on a weekday and you need to go get some medicine and dont want to travel far.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleer View Post
I'd like to add to that:

Yea, Rt. 59 is a never ending strip mall. Worst Taco Bell EVER. Worst Bowling Alley ever--Why does my ball come back with dirt on it? High priced slums. My apartment hallway reeks of curry. It smells like death outside. Pleas of innocence coming from the parking lot at 3AM: You probably DID hit her, that why the cops are arresting you.

On the upside the Speedway Gas Station is nice. Relatively cheap gas, 2for2$ 2liter cokes, constant supply of buy1get1free Cigs, Haribo Gold gummy bears....

OK for now
Ill agree with the Rt. 59 thing, thats about it. Seriously, does your world revolve around Taco Bell? If so, may I suggest you move to California. The bowling alley is NOT bad at all (Brunswick), Ive bowled there several times and never had a problem. The only thing that sucks about that place is the lil gangsta wannabes from Aurora who fill the arcade every weekend. "High priced slums"? There are no slums in Naperville. There are some older complexes here and there (ie McDowell Place), but those are NOT slums. You want slums? Go to Joliet, east Aurora, east Elgin. And yes, Speedway is nice for one reason and one reason only: they have 110 octane racing fuel there.

Old 10-24-2007, 11:24 AM

677 posts, read 4,209,774 times
Quote:
The racial makeup is too diverse.
TOO diverse? LMAO. That's a new one. Naperville is over 80% white...

Old 10-24-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahava View Post
TOO diverse? LMAO. That's a new one. Naperville is over 80% white...
I dont really think they know what theyre talking about, made more obvious by the statement you quoted. Cmon, they think the town "sucks" because of a bad Taco Bell.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:13 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,455,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I dont really think they know what theyre talking about, made more obvious by the statement you quoted. Cmon, they think the town "sucks" because of a bad Taco Bell.
Heh, he gets a bad Nacho Bell Grande and his undies are all in a bunch I imagine that people in places like Englewood or Harvey would kill to have such problems (sorry, poor choice of words referring to those two places my apologies). Heck, they'd probably be happy just to have the Taco Bell. Sheesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs