Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 04:16 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
Perhaps I missed something here??? Whats the point? I think this picture more or less sums up Oak Lawn. Stop light after stop light after stop light EVERYWHERE you go
I see a whopping 2 stop lights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2007, 08:48 PM

11 posts, read 45,290 times
There is a stop sign right by my house with the new "comments" on them. I'll be sure to take a photo tomorrow and post it.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:15 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,508,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I see a whopping 2 stop lights.
Apparently you have NEVER been to Oak Lawn. Drive down 95th Street or Cicero. Easily there are at least 15 signals just from Harlem Avenue's underpass to Pulaski/Crawford on 95th. And Cicero...??? FO-Getta-bout-it.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:17 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
Apparently you have NEVER been to Oak Lawn. Drive down 95th Street or Cicero. Easily there are at least 15 signals just from Harlem Avenue's underpass to Pulaski/Crawford on 95th. And Cicero...??? FO-Getta-bout-it.
Youre correct, Ive never been there. But that photo didnt look so bad to me. Wanna see stoplight hell? Travel Ogden Avenue between Naperville Road and 355 (and beyond). It gets particularly bad near Downers Grove/Westmont/Hinsdale. Ugh.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:29 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,508,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Youre correct, Ive never been there. But that photo didnt look so bad to me. Wanna see stoplight hell? Travel Ogden Avenue between Naperville Road and 355 (and beyond). It gets particularly bad near Downers Grove/Westmont/Hinsdale. Ugh.
That whole DuPage County area is traffic hell. It's LA without the freeways. As far as the picture not being bad, first off its about 10 years old I think as the watertower in the background hasn't even been repainted, and it was about the only pic I could find. Anywho, Oak Lawn's traffic is miserable esp on Cicero going over the rail yards which is actually Bedford Park, but still traffic in OL is horrible too. The rail yard bridge is three lanes wide on each side, tight, and bumper to bumper all day long. You should take a road trip around the south-side though sometime and see what it has to offer. Don't expect much. LOL! J/K

Old 10-15-2007, 05:43 PM

180 posts, read 408,874 times
why is it that people feel the need to crap on Oak Lawn? it's close to the city but it has a suburb feel. They're fixing it and it looks pretty good.

the only complaint voiced here is about the area next to chicago ridge. yes, it has traffic lights... because it's by a huge mall.

there is no place else that i'd rather live next to.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:26 PM

8 posts, read 42,709 times
must be nice to have nothing better to do thatn point others mistakes, really, who cares. that second picture is Chicago ridge, and that other picture is in Hometown not Oaklawn

Old 05-05-2008, 01:30 PM

2 posts, read 11,707 times
Default The signs disappeared overnight...

Actually the signs were brought down in what became a political power move. The signs were sponsored and put up by 3M company and not the Village. The mayor allowed the signs to be put up last fall as an experiment to see if it slowed people down. No results yet that I have heard. One of the mayor's adversaries fought to have them removed. End of experiment.

I wonder if anyone talking about Oak Lawn Schools has ever had an actual CHILD in one of those schools??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs