U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2007, 01:12 PM
1 posts, read 5,067 times

if so, please share your opinions. If you don't want to post them publicly please feel free to pm.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:57 AM
474 posts, read 2,258,973 times
Default An Indirect Answer

Dear Friend:

I am sorry that I cannot directly answer your question with actual experience in owning a William Ryan Home. In fact, until actually visiting their web site I had never heard of them. But let me concentrate on the communities where William Ryan builds. In all, there are 9 Illinois communities if I counted right. Of those 9 communities, two favorites of mine are Yorkville, Illinois and Genoa, Illinois. However, in both cases, there is no public transporation to those towns other than the automobile. Genoa is somewhat near the Sycamore, IL area. And Genoa is very nice with mostly farm lands. However, William Ryan promotes his Genoa subdivision as being quite close to one of the DeKalb County forest preserves. From memory, I believe Genoa is DeKalb County. And also, the basic home price of around $176K is lower than other William Ryan locations.
Since nobody has responded to your question, I can only assume that no one has had any experience with William Ryan.

Last edited by mdz; 10-16-2007 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: removed website link
Old 10-18-2007, 03:16 PM
1 posts, read 5,002 times
Thumbs up William Ryan Homes

I actually own a William Ryan Home. I found William Ryan Homes through their website and really liked 2 of the floor plans. The Sales Person I met, Julianne, was so great to work with! She really took the time to explain everything to us! We were first time homeowners so we had no idea all that was involved in the process. I build my home 2 years ago and overall had an awesome experience! I currently still live in my home and have had not problems with it. I have told several friends about William Ryan Homes and 1 of them bought one in Woodstock and I have another friend considering the Elgin development! If I feel comfortable telling my friends to purchase that says a lot about how I feel about the company!
Old 10-31-2007, 11:37 PM
2,467 posts, read 10,930,919 times
Please DM the poster...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or