Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2006, 12:19 AM

13 posts, read 113,688 times

Advertisements

What is Warrenville like? Is there a downtown? I have lived in the city for years and am looking to relocate out to the western 'burbs or therabouts. I would like to buy a townhouse. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2006, 10:07 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,119,705 times
Warrenville is growing, but still retains a small-town charm. There isnt really a downtown, but there is plenty to do here. There is a small riverwalk, two forest preserves with GREAT hiking and jogging/bike riding trails (one with waterfall), and lots of modern shopping along Diehl Road. There is also lots of new shopping being constructed on Winfield and Diehl Rd. intersection. As of now there is a Starbucks, Super Target, AMC 30 theater, McDonalds, Stir Crazy (modern Chinese), Rock Bottom brewery, Max n' Erma's, Wolfgang Pucks, GoRoma, Q'doba, Potbelly's, etc.... Housing is relatively expensive, but not over the top. Lots of old homes are being torn down to put up McMansions...

Old 12-01-2006, 03:12 PM

5 posts, read 16,565 times
My mother moved there in 1980, when she left around 1993 she told me how a a sledding hill made from garbage at a nearby county park was repsonsible for contaminating the drinking water in the Warrenville area.

Old 12-07-2006, 09:42 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,119,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by injerz View Post
My mother moved there in 1980, when she left around 1993 she told me how a a sledding hill made from garbage at a nearby county park was repsonsible for contaminating the drinking water in the Warrenville area.
Thats in the Blackwell Forest Preserve. It did NOT contaminate any water. Its 100% safe and Ive lived in that area for 29 years now. In fact, the water in Warrenville was better than Winfields!

Old 02-21-2007, 02:07 AM

3 posts, read 24,112 times
Warrenville is a great place to live. its also pretty laid back compared to other surrounding towns if your looking for a town home though i would stay away from the area by Family Foods (sorry i forgot the name of the division) its considered the "bad" neighborhood of Warrenville, although there really is no "bad side" lol its a pretty small town. Blackwell is also a great place, you can go boating or hiking, or in the winter there is a big hill for tubing. Don't buy a "Mcmansion" they are basically Wheaton wannabe housing and real Warrenvillians will laugh at you (sorry) although since you want a townhouse that probably isnt an issue. as Stev-o said there is not really a down town, but there is the whole Cantera area (along with what he said there is a Lifetime Fitness too) also its not very far from downtown Naperville, which is a nice area and has a big Riverwalk, Naper Settlement, and paddle boating, although i wouldn't personally suggest living IN Naperville. and there is definitly nothing wrong with the drinking water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs