Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 10:46 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,602,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidreemer View Post
It was driving me crazy so I looked it up and I went to Spacca Napoli at 1769 Sunnyside which is the corner of Ravenswood and Sunnyside. It just seemed like it was the old Zephyrs - guess the old memory wasn't as good as I thought? LOL!
Ahh--I have heard of that place. I was thinking that may have been the place you went to!

Old 03-08-2008, 10:52 AM

702 posts, read 2,523,107 times
Hey Avengefire - what are the green things/reputations on our profiles? How do we get them? Do you know? And what's up with the TACO Bell thread?

Old 03-08-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidreemer View Post
Hey Avengefire - what are the green things/reputations on our profiles? How do we get them? Do you know? And what's up with the TACO Bell thread?
People add or take reputation points by clicking on the scales image on your post. The green means you got a certain abount of rep from members. There are other colors too. When you get rep from non members...etc...I am not totally sure how it works. I think there is a thread somewhere that explains it.

The Taco Bell thread is a waste of space imo-unless the guy titles it the Taco Bell Review thread or Fast Food Review thread. I have no idea what he is trying to prove or do...

Old 03-08-2008, 03:53 PM

5,475 posts, read 12,242,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Was it on the southeast corner of Lawrence and Clark?
When were you here last?
It could have been on Lawrence and Clark, although I seem to remember it being on the NW corner??? Getting off the Lawrence ave bus eastbound and then crossing Lawrence northbound....but man, I was like 7 so who knows?

I haven't been back to that part of town in I don't know how long...I mean years and years....

Old 03-08-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
It could have been on Lawrence and Clark, although I seem to remember it being on the NW corner??? Getting off the Lawrence ave bus eastbound and then crossing Lawrence northbound....but man, I was like 7 so who knows?

I haven't been back to that part of town in I don't know how long...I mean years and years....
Well, if it was the NW corner building, it was just torn down (it is a shame beacuse it was a nice corner building) a couple months ago. The ones on the SE and SW corners are still there. Maybe that is where it was.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:41 AM

5,475 posts, read 12,242,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Well, if it was the NW corner building, it was just torn down (it is a shame beacuse it was a nice corner building) a couple months ago. The ones on the SE and SW corners are still there. Maybe that is where it was.
Do you live in that area Avengerfire?

Old 03-11-2008, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Do you live in that area Avengerfire?
I do not live very far away from there.

Last edited by Avengerfire; 03-12-2008 at 12:13 AM..

Old 11-11-2008, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 3,164 times
I was just searching to find any info on Dr. Jazz ice cream parlor on Wilson Ave near tracks in Chicago and found you guys talking about it. My dad loved dixiland jazz and I think just brought us there so hear could hear it. I grew up on Leavitt between Montrose and Irving. I also went to Zephyr;s ice cream when I was little, up until I was about 19yrs old when I was at Ravenswood hospital for something, my dad wanted to cheer me up and brought me there. It was about 1987 and it already had changed. Same menu's but not the same. I know its gone now, my husband and I live in Niles and drive into the city once in a while-so much is gone from when we were growing up in the 1970s and 80s. He misses Sally's Stage which I never went to, it was a little out of my neighborhood. Anyone have any pics of any of these places, I'm trying to find some to remember them by. Please respond, Jennifer
jennifer@heergenealogy.com

Old 11-14-2008, 09:34 PM

158 posts, read 379,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahava View Post
This is so ridiculous I had to share it. I have a friend who lives in North Riverside and she showed me this article from the village newsletter this past summer:

[cut - copyrights]

(The entire newsletter can be found here: http://www.northriverside-il.org/Newsletters/NR_06_2007.pdf (broken link))

Gypsies, honestly. I wish this was a joke, but it's not. I think North Riverside has bigger problems to worry about... Has anyone else heard of this?
My boyfriend works at a store where they'll occasionall come in to scam/steal. However this store is in the NW Burbs- I think they travel around.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferheer View Post
I was just searching to find any info on Dr. Jazz ice cream parlor on Wilson Ave near tracks in Chicago and found you guys talking about it. My dad loved dixiland jazz and I think just brought us there so hear could hear it. I grew up on Leavitt between Montrose and Irving. I also went to Zephyr;s ice cream when I was little, up until I was about 19yrs old when I was at Ravenswood hospital for something, my dad wanted to cheer me up and brought me there...

If I find any I will. Zephyr's is closed. It was remodeled extensively and turned into an Irish Pub and Grill.

http://chicago.metromix.com/bars-and...290068/content

http://www.yelp.com/biz/zephyr-ice-c...aurant-chicago

We would love to have you post on the forum about other things as well!:-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs