Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2013, 09:56 PM

11 posts, read 25,087 times

Advertisements

I am coming this weekend to look at houses and I noticed half of my list is from the tall grass subdivision. I'm very nervous about the move and was wondering if anyone might have any heads up both good or bad about the neighborhood. I have a daughter in first grade and a 1 year old. The idea of a school, pool, playground all right there sounds great if we have great neighbors. Does anyone know about how many houses are in the subdivision? The majority of the redidents ages? Is it full of cliques? Is it nice having everything there or is it somewhat a bit of a commune???? Any help is greatly appreciated. This will be our forever home and I just don't want to make a mistake!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 08:28 AM

28,455 posts, read 85,346,203 times
No offense but Tallgrass is entirely south of 95th St and west of Rt 59 -- why in the world would you want to live so far from the amenities of Naperville? Yes, I know the houses are newer / larger / less per sq ft down that way but assuming that work is not down in Bolingbrook this makes for a heck of a haul. AND if work is in Bolingbrook you could probably save hundreds of thousands by buying a home in Bolingbrook served by the Naperville schools...

Old 11-25-2013, 09:13 AM

137 posts, read 549,475 times
Hope this isn't too late.
Tall Grass is a very nice community that affords many amenities. However if you think this is your forever home, then more importantly you should be evaluating the location in relationship to your commute. Quality of life is paramount, and if you spend a large portion of your day commuting, you really won't be able to enjoy your home, neighborhood, or family much. if you work from home, or in the surrounding Naperville area, then TG might be a great choice. If you're commuting to the city or airports, then not so much.
There are things you should be observant of when purchasing in Tall Grass or anywhere else for that matter. If this is your forever home it shouldn't be a huge factor, but if you ever plan to sell, it could be a significant factor based on other people's perceptions. High tension wires are quite common throughout this subdivision. Some people correctly or incorrectly have their own beliefs regarding EMF. Others may reject a home simply based on view. If you see an open area, ask your Realtor, "who owns the property and whether there are any plans for it". There are areas that experience a lot of congestion because of school pick up and drop off. Homes that back to busier streets, that you wouldn't be able to enjoy your backyard without road noise.
While there are some objections, there are still numerous homes within that sub that are very desirable. (Great curb appeal for the most part, two story FR, 3 car garage) The bottom line is you can get a fabulous deal on a home with an objection, and if it's not an objection to you, it might make complete sense, and you could live there happily for years. Simply, know that when you go to sell it, that someone else will be looking for that fabulous deal too! It will not command the same price as a home with no objection.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:39 PM

Looked at houses in this neighborhood and realized they are a bit further away from central naperville than I like. I just can't seem to find homes in the 203 school district that are not older with no curb appeal. The very max we can spend is 600. What is most important to us is having a neighborhood with lots of kids and down to earth neighbors. Can anyone recommend maybe 2 or 3 that sound like this in both newer naperville as well as the more established naperville. We will be coming over xmas break and want to look around a bit more. I thought maybe knowing our price max would help with suggestions!

Old 12-21-2013, 08:25 AM

655 posts, read 1,128,169 times
Huntington, Winding Creek, Walnut Ridge. Or, check out the areas off Hobson road between Washington and Greene....there are quite a few newer developments (small, like one or two streets) close to what you are looking for. Also look at the area along Greene between Hobson and 75th. There are a couple of gated communities there and a small subdivision. Lastly, look along Royce road between Greene and Washington. There are also some pockets of new developments there.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:33 AM

I cannot tell u how helpful that is whakru....thanks!

Old 12-21-2013, 08:16 PM

4,619 posts, read 8,167,198 times
My boss lives there and its a typical subdivision as far as I can tell. I wouldnt live there but he seems content.

Also, hes late at least once a week because of how long it takes him to get to the Metra station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs