Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 06:40 AM

4,152 posts, read 7,875,952 times

Advertisements

I don't see much of a difference in Arlington Hts vs the better equivalent western suburbs like Glen Ellyn, Wheaton and Downers Grove. Chet is right if you are only going to be there a few years you should try to rent a house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 05:36 PM

6 posts, read 8,014 times
Somebody mentioned vernon hills because of the Stevenson school district. ( www. d125 .org) It is the best school district in Chicago and you cant go wrong in buying here. Communte will be close to 30+min. I would recommend Buffalo groove/lincolnshire rather than vernon-hills. You might find something in your price range.
I just a did a search.
Real Estate Search | Redfin

Old 03-30-2014, 06:41 PM
wjj

950 posts, read 1,344,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloimandy123 View Post
Somebody mentioned vernon hills because of the Stevenson school district. ( www. d125 .org) It is the best school district in Chicago and you cant go wrong in buying here. Communte will be close to 30+min. I would recommend Buffalo groove/lincolnshire rather than vernon-hills. You might find something in your price range.
I just a did a search.
Real Estate Search | Redfin
Most of Vernon Hills goes to Vernon Hills HS. Only a sliver of Vernon Hills is in the Stevenson district. VHS is a very good school - just not in the same league as Stevenson, which very few schools are. Stevenson's boundaries are all over the place but serves mostly the Lake County side of Buffalo Grove, Long Grove, Lincolnshire, Green Oaks, Prairie View and parts of Riverwoods, Kildeer, Hawthorn Woods, and Vernon Hills. If you really want to be within the Stevenson district, be careful. The boundaries are not logical.

Old 03-30-2014, 07:18 PM

3,339 posts, read 5,956,164 times
If it were me I would be looking at Elmhurst and Arlington Heights. Both have nice downtown areas, good high schools and aren't a bad commute from Itasca.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs