U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 07:54 PM

65 posts, read 59,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David2300 View Post
My list got a bit unfocused. It went from quality of life to affordability. And no, Wheaton, LaGrange, Downers Grove, and Palatine are not affordable. The reason I put Forest Park at the top because you get a bunch of benefits, including affordable housing, low taxes, low violent crime, and good schools, not to mention easy city access. It's the best of both worlds. In the world of affordability, Forest Park would top the list, but in the world of overall quality of life, Forest Park wouldn't top the list.

Palatine unaffordable? Compared to Forest Park, kinda, but Palatine is average for Chicago land buddy. Wheaton is actually affordable, you don't have to buy a house for the average home price to live there.

Aloha, welcome to Chicagoland, prices are different here than in the country. Generally, Chicago is not cheapy so wah wah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2015, 07:35 AM

90 posts, read 110,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Plaines View Post
Here are the best

10. Richton Park
9. Flossmoor
8. Hazel Crest
7. Homewood
6. Harvard
5. Harvey
4. Markham
3. University Park
2. Park Forest
1. Des Plaines
I disagree with all of them except Des Plaines, Homewood, and Flossmoor. Des Plaines and Homewood are hidden gems, and so is Flossmoor, but it has high costs of living. DP and H are even better if you don't care about the school quiality, even though the schools are quite good. Beware the river in Des Plaines but you also get some great forest preverves.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Plaines View Post
I'm sorry. I meant to write "these are the worst". In my opinion the BEST are Homewood, Tinley Park, Evanston, Lake Forest, Oak Park, and Oak Forest.
Add Des Plaines and Flossmoor to the list! Hidden gems, mate!

Old 11-29-2015, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGreg View Post
I'll agree with that, I was born and raised in a small town in central Florida and people aren't necessarily known for their southern hospitality. I also lived in Orlando for 5 years and there was a interesting mix of white trash, inconsiderate Hispanics (I am half-Mexican), and rich ignorant people. I honestly feel more at home in Chicago. No matter where you live there will be inconsiderate people though.
I would NEVER live in Florida. One of the main draws for the Midwest-to-Northeast area for me is the diverse weather. I love my cold winters, and always get them, and will always get them in Chicago. In Florida it's just "oh, it's January, and its 80 Fahrenheit outside...yaaaaayyyyy...lets get out our surfboards".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or