Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 01:27 PM

5,976 posts, read 13,112,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
Chicago is one of the best areas to live in the entire country. You get what you like and I get what I like. City life, established-well planned-interconnected suburbs and lots of semi-rural and new construction communities farther out. If we could just alter those darn winters
And if the state of Illinois can make a land swap: I want to trade the southern 2/3 of Illinois for most of the state of Wisconsin.

That way we could have the most beatiful and scenic, outdoor recreation opportunities in the same state as Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 04:13 PM

4 posts, read 23,578 times
Wheeling is extremely dangerous! Do not move here, the gang violence is sky rocketing every day. I live in the Cedar Run complex and everyday I hear new gunshots it is insanity. There are gangmembers that stand outside the homes with bats waiting for people. As soon as I can I am leaving here. It is extremely dangerous. Wheeling has always had a reputation for its gang violence though. The high school is even run by gangs, I would not move here try Arlington heights or Mount Prospect.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:33 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,257,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedPeace View Post
Wheeling is extremely dangerous! Do not move here, the gang violence is sky rocketing every day. I live in the Cedar Run complex and everyday I hear new gunshots it is insanity. There are gangmembers that stand outside the homes with bats waiting for people. As soon as I can I am leaving here. It is extremely dangerous. Wheeling has always had a reputation for its gang violence though. The high school is even run by gangs, I would not move here try Arlington heights or Mount Prospect.
What?! Actually the high school is very well regarded. I can name several neighborhoods where I personally know there is no gang violence. Stop painting the entire town with your broad brush. Yes there are bad sections of Wheeling. But there are MANY good, safe neighborhoods. If you live in the roughest section of Lawndale or Englewood neighborhoods of Chicago, are you going to say ALL of Chicago is gang infested, dangerous and bad?! No, that would be ridiculous and so is your over-generalization of Wheeling.
Sorry your having a bad experience. Oh and do you attend Wheeling HS? Or do you go to Buffalo Grove HS?

Old 05-29-2009, 03:27 PM

4 posts, read 23,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
What?! Actually the high school is very well regarded. I can name several neighborhoods where I personally know there is no gang violence. Stop painting the entire town with your broad brush. Yes there are bad sections of Wheeling. But there are MANY good, safe neighborhoods. If you live in the roughest section of Lawndale or Englewood neighborhoods of Chicago, are you going to say ALL of Chicago is gang infested, dangerous and bad?! No, that would be ridiculous and so is your over-generalization of Wheeling.
Sorry your having a bad experience. Oh and do you attend Wheeling HS? Or do you go to Buffalo Grove HS?
I live in Cedar Run and attended Wheeling high school, while there I saw countless acts of violence you do not see in a regular school. This post was asking about cedar run and the high school not all of Wheeling. Do I have to remind anyone of Chavario White R.I.P. who was shot in the head with a shotgun? Wheeling High School is not by any way the worst school you can find, and I apologize if that is the way it was coming off. I am just saying that it has more of a gang problem and violence history than any other of the schools in the NW suburbs. Also that Cedar Run is controlled and run by a gang here. If you do not believe come see for yourself

Old 08-02-2009, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 7,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedPeace View Post
I'm sorry, I saw this and had to register just to respond to this post. I live in Wheeling too, just south of Lake Cook road and I don't hear gunshots. I walk around, day or night, and I don't have problems. Yeah, there's gang graffiti here and there but it's not Compton or anything. If you think it's any better in Mt. Prospect you're smoking crack. Take a trip down Wheeling Road through Boxwood - not necessarily the hood either there, but worse than anything I've seen in Wheeling.

It's common to hear "gunshots" every day - around the time of July 4th

Old 11-24-2009, 07:29 PM

2 posts, read 13,642 times
NeedPeace,
Hello!
Look, I don't mean to sound ignorant, but are you really talking about the Cedar Run homes that you enter right along McHenry road?
I've gone past there many times and I have to say Cedar Run Drive(If that's the street you're talking about) looks pretty nice.
But please correct me if I'm wrong about Cedar Run Drive. Is there a different Cedar Run Complex or is that the one right off McHenry Road just south of the Walmart?

Old 11-24-2009, 07:35 PM

2 posts, read 13,642 times
Destinite, where is Boxwood exactly?
Wheeling Road in Mt. Prospect you say?

Old 11-25-2009, 08:32 PM

3 posts, read 9,098 times
There are better places to live than Wheeling....very close

Old 03-24-2010, 03:56 AM

19 posts, read 86,175 times
gonna be moving into foxboro apartments are these ok? its located just north of hintz on wolf road

Old 05-04-2010, 09:52 AM

1 posts, read 6,338 times
Cedar Run is safe community. The best is that its right next to Buffalo grove, so the kids go to great school district, 214. So you get nice house for cheap and pay less taxes. Th community is changing to its better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs