Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2008, 05:52 PM

109 posts, read 438,426 times

Advertisements

How is the neighborhood in this area. I use to go to morton east and it was ok back 12 years ago. I was wondering how morton west in now? I know cicero has gotten gang invested but i havent been back in 10 years or so. That 's just want i here from friends that still live there. I would love to here your imput.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 03:38 PM

79 posts, read 263,512 times
The school district is a well managed one and they are doing even better. Here is link to some current issues and parent comments on the school. J S Morton HSD 201 schools - district elementary, middle, and high school information

Also, Berwyn has a very high foreclosure rate right now. This is all due to the ARM loans that were given out to people that should not have borrowed over and above. At last count there were 320 homes for sale in the area starting from the low $150K for 3-4BR home (a/o 01-05-08).

Most are bank owned pre-foreclosures and they are selling them dirt cheap!

I've been in the area for many years and believe it's a great time to buy a home for a great deal where young professionals are moving in and changing this community for the better!

MONEY Magazine: Best places to live 2006: Berwyn, IL snapshot

Last edited by cmoscinski; 01-05-2008 at 04:02 PM..

Old 01-05-2008, 08:55 PM

18 posts, read 79,041 times
Default go across harlem

berwyn's ok but if u go to the other side of harlem u will be even better off

Old 10-31-2008, 03:21 PM

150 posts, read 578,122 times
I graduated from Morton West in 2000 and its was pretty good still way better than Morton East. There were a lot of fights but nothing too dangerous. Though Morton East is a much more beautiful school. I always preferred West.

I lived in Berwyn Freshman year but moved back to Cicero sophmore year. All I knew was that I didnt want to go to East. So we got permission that as long as I got my self to school via Pace bus I could still go to West even though I lived in Cicero. There were a lot of people that lived in Cicero but went to West.

But I dont know how it is now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs