U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2015, 05:18 PM

19 posts, read 18,393 times

Advertisements

As I am on my quest to find the right location for my son and I when we relocate to IL from CA in August - a home church is on my list of things to consider. I'm currently looking at rentals in Libertyville, Wheeling, BG, Vernon Hills and the like. I'm 32 and my son will be 12 when we move and we would love to find a "young," relatable, non-denominational (not an absolute must) Christian church near those areas. I'd also prefer somewhere with a med/large (not massive) congregation, a dynamic contemporary worship service, and an active student ministry/youth group for my son to get involved with.

Just to give you an idea of what I'm searching for - the church I attend now, discoverychurch.com, holds 3 services (2 separate jr. high services) every Sunday with anywhere from 350-450 attendees per service (and growing).

I realize I'm being very specific, and the likelihood of finding something exactly the same is not all that great; but I just really love my church and it's one of the things I'm going to miss most when I leave. I really appreciate all suggestions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 05:41 PM

28,384 posts, read 68,011,584 times
Willow Creek North Shore -- What to Expect - Willow Creek Community Church

Tolerable drive from Vernon Hills...

Old 01-27-2015, 03:00 PM

1,246 posts, read 992,272 times
Willow Creek and The Chapel (this is in Lake county). I've heard good things about Village Church Lincolnshire as well.

Willow is a big organization with several campuses. Huge main campus in Barrington. Chapel is more regional with several campuses in Lake County.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:19 PM

1,246 posts, read 992,272 times
By the way there are many contemporary nondenominational churches within 20-30 mins of those communities. You will have a lot to choose from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or