Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 09:24 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,063,305 times

Advertisements

My list: The east side of Chicago Heights, Ford Heights, Harvey and several of the south suburbs north of Hazel Crest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmwoodguy1 View Post
Bad - hazel crest, harvey, country club hills, east hazel crest, university park, robbins, park forest, dolton, markham, pheonix, posen, glenwood, chicago heights, ford heights, riverdale, parts of homewood

Glenwood - Pretty nice
Country Club Hills - not bad
Homewood - Maybe you're getting "parts of Homwood" confused with Hazel Crest, pretty nice
Hazel Crest - OK
East Hazel Crest - OK
Park Forest - Represent
University Park - Not bad
Robbins - Bad and very sad
Dolton - At least it's not Harvey
Markham - Good greasy food on 159th, rough neighborhoods
Posen - not bad
Ford Heights - wasteland, terrible place
Harvey - Gangland, not as bad as some think though
Phenoix - A Harvey neighborhood. Whoops, I mean..
Riverdale - That's in Harvey, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 08:58 AM

14 posts, read 39,089 times
lets just say most of these areas are really close to eachother and crime waves into eachothers neighborhoods....ive lived in a nice part of homewood for my whole life. People being held gun point and jumped in my neighborhood at night has really shifted my views on stayin around the south subs for a while...and if u think hazel crest is OK, then i assume you wouldn't mind your chances of being robbed about 15x greater than that of the U.S. average.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:00 AM

forgot to mention richton park and sauk village, towns that aernt the brightest gems in south subs

Old 02-16-2011, 11:20 AM

theres nothing like napperville down here

Old 02-16-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
theres nothing like napperville down here
I know. Count your blessings.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
lets just say most of these areas are really close to eachother and crime waves into eachothers neighborhoods....ive lived in a nice part of homewood for my whole life. People being held gun point and jumped in my neighborhood at night has really shifted my views on stayin around the south subs for a while...and if u think hazel crest is OK, then i assume you wouldn't mind your chances of being robbed about 15x greater than that of the U.S. average.
The crime statistics read that Hazel Crest is less than twice the national average for robbery. It's lower than the national average in other crimes.

Not even Ford Heights or Harvey are anywhere near 15X greater. You pulled this "statistic" out of your ass. To put your BS in perspective, Harvey has an overall crime rate roughly three times the national average.

15 is such a convenient number that fits into a neat little box. At least make up a believable lie like 12 or 17 or something. That would sound like a real statistic.

Last edited by urza216; 02-16-2011 at 08:20 PM..

Old 03-02-2011, 04:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,888 times
The E.HazelCrest crime average is 2% less than that of Homewood according to FBI 2001-2009 data. Maybe Homewood guy, who is probably a teenage boy, should do some actual research. By the way, the average lot size here is 45% larger than the average south suburban lot size, 47% larger than the average Homewood lot size, for which we pay 22% less property taxes. Also, we have resisted some Homewood coucil members request in the past for annexation, as well, we are are quite content with our friends and neighbors.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:08 AM

First of all I am not a teenage boy, and what does lot size have anything to do with what we are discussing? Maybe you should try to stay on topic. I wish I could remember the original site where i found this information...b/c i did not just make that up. Thats stupid. Research man, I never questioned the content of your citizens, I questioned the safety of its area. Would you consider Hazel Crest or E. Hazel Crest a great place to start a new family? Think about that for a second. Great public school feeders with Thornwood and Hillcrest. I grew up right near the border of Hazel Crest and Hmwood and I'm not proud to speak about the things I've seen that would represent our surrounding communities.

Old 04-08-2016, 05:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,494 times
Orland Park and Palos Park are the best southwest suburbs. The third best is Homer Glen. Palos Heights, Palos Hills, Tinley Park, and Orland Hills are pretty good. The good south suburbs are Mokena, Frankfort, and New Lenox. I am basing it on the most safe and best schools, if you have children. I wouldn't listen to the person who recommended Blue Island. There are some gang problems there.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:29 PM

2 posts, read 4,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Best bang for your buck in the South suburbs might be Munster (which I believe borders Lansing). Not to mention Munster is home to one of the most renown breweries in the country.

Lansing is also home to one of the most curious golf courses at the Lansing Country Club, where on certain holes you can tee up, grab your driver, hit the ball right down the middle of the fairway and you will have literally hit the ball into the next state. You'll be walking along the fairway and cross the state line without ever knowing it.
No town or city of indiana is part of the south suburbs and I think you people should represent your own town and state instead of biting chicago and the south suburbs. Indiana is very boring and only means something to the chicago area because of your stores and cheap taxes. I will never move to indiana and if I need to get something cheaper I will just drive right over the border
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs