Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 08:27 PM

817 posts, read 922,193 times

Advertisements

My SIL and her partner have lived in Glendale Hts for 15+ years. Since you say you are a "boring" couple, that kind of choice might fit you better. In Oak Park you will pay more for "eclectic" and "vibrant".

PM me if you want the name of a super gay-friendly church in Oak Park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 05:31 AM

2,300 posts, read 6,182,729 times
Actually, Pace route 308 runs from the Forest Park Transit Center to the Loyola/Hines medical center. If you could find an apartment near the Blue Line in Oak Park, that would be ideal. Also, Berwyn is often considered the affordable alternative to Oak Park. I would also strongly recommend looking at Brookfield. It's a beautiful old suburb, affordable and quiet. It has a few amenities of it's own, like a very nice wine bar, and is very close to the numerous dining and shopping options in quaint LaGrange, as well as big box retailers in a couple of centers, and it's close to the VA. The problem is transit would be difficult to the VA from there. Also, the main route to the VA has a train line crossing it on First Ave. north of Cermak with frequent long, slow trains that sometimes come to a complete stop.

Pace Bus - Route 308- Medical Center

Old 05-12-2015, 05:41 AM

2,300 posts, read 6,182,729 times
Really, anywhere in Chicagoland will be fine. Almost all the suburbs are at least politically moderate. The south suburbs are definitely the least progressive, some of them by a huge margin, and there are gay couples living happily here as well.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:30 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,458,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
I think we're getting to a point where every suburb has at least a smattering of same-sex couples and/or parents. So "critical mass" is difficult to define.
I think the days where same-sex couples have to choose a specific suburb or neighborhood for acceptance have passed us, thankfully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs