Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2015, 07:58 AM

1 posts, read 964 times

Advertisements

I live in West suburbs of Chicago and canceled my contract on one of properties 10 days ago. But I didn't get any communication from the Seller's attorney since we sent the cancellation notice on April 28th.
The house was listed in the market again on April 28th. That means the seller did that immediately when he had the letter from my attorney. And then the house in contingent from May 6. In other words, the seller accepted an offer from a buyer and the house is under contract right now.

My cancellation reason are (1) there is no evidence that permits were issued for the deck construction, (2) misstatements regarding the condition and age of the roof, and (3) my inability to secure a loan at an interest rate of 4.25 percent or lower under MORTGAGE CONTINGENCY which is #8 of the contract.

After 10 days, my attorney suggested me to sign a form that I'm directing the holder of the earnest money to return the earnest money to me. I signed the cancellation form and sent the form to my realtor on May 7.
And then I still have not received any communication from the seller and broker. How can I get my earnest money back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
View detailed profiles of: