U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2015, 06:19 PM

1 posts, read 621 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I want to take house in the middle of Chicago down town and lake bluff metra stations.

My office is in Waukegan and my husband office is in Chicago down town.
I want to use Metra train facility.My husband will use car.He can commute 30-40 minuts.

So kindly suggest which area is best for us to stay.And will be good if we get indian community.

Thank you,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 08:18 AM

3,784 posts, read 5,530,294 times
The Indian community is scattered all over Chicago....there are some places where there are more Indians living. Since you have an office in Waukegan, you will have to live north and with a place that has a train station. Look at where the train lines run on Metra. The Union Pacific North line is the line that goes to Waukegan. You will have to find a way to get to the train station and from the station to your office. Keep in mind that driving into Chicago is quite expensive and parking can cost thirty dollars a day. Any community along the lake is good that runs along that line, but expensive. Its called the North Shore and one of the best areas to live in the Chicagoland area. Lake Bluff, Highland Park, etc. are all good communities.

Old 06-03-2015, 03:22 PM

237 posts, read 191,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sai-1234 View Post
Hello All,

I want to take house in the middle of Chicago down town and lake bluff metra stations.

My office is in Waukegan and my husband office is in Chicago down town.
I want to use Metra train facility.My husband will use car.He can commute 30-40 minuts.

So kindly suggest which area is best for us to stay.And will be good if we get indian community.

Thank you,
What ToriaT said. Actually, your husband and you can both take the Metra on the same UP-N line. You could either look at a place that is mid - point but on the same Metra track - such as Glencoe, Highland Park, or Evanston (Evanston will be the most diverse of all the Northshore communities that are otherwise 95% white). Or you could choose to live in Waukegan itself, I guess, and that way, only one person has a long commute.

I live in Evanston so perhaps I am biased but it is a fully self-sufficient downtown and is also very diverse, in large parts due to Northwestern Univ. But it is a very livable place for anyone who is seeking more diversity. Plus, you have the beach. And Devon is extremely close by for all Indian shopping/eating needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or