U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 12:43 PM

11,972 posts, read 26,904,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by holl1ngsworth View Post
Glad you're re-upping in Wheaton! I hope when it comes to time to buy you stay!
They're never buying in Illinois! Hubby is a "genius" trader and knows everything there is to know about real estate market dynamics and timing.

The difference between Sandburg and some of the other Wheaton schools is likely little more than one or two kids per classroom coming from less economically-privileged backgrounds. If that is a problem for them, then I'll be glad to not have them living around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 01:27 PM

173 posts, read 182,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
They're never buying in Illinois! Hubby is a "genius" trader and knows everything there is to know about real estate market dynamics and timing.

The difference between Sandburg and some of the other Wheaton schools is likely little more than one or two kids per classroom coming from less economically-privileged backgrounds. If that is a problem for them, then I'll be glad to not have them living around here.
I can't be the only one thinking that whole story is BS

Old 06-09-2015, 02:38 PM

n/a posts
Thanks Hollingsworth! As far as you bullies, I certainly hope you're under the age of 25. It's truly remarkable that adults would be as childish as this. After I repeatedly stated that I wasn't interested in this battle, you continue on. Have you nothing better to do? I was seeking information for myself and my family. I cannot believe that you are still participating in this! I expect this on facebook, not on an informational message board, such as this. I feel sorry for you.

Old 06-09-2015, 03:01 PM

11,972 posts, read 26,904,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae4732 View Post
Thanks Hollingsworth! As far as you bullies, I certainly hope you're under the age of 25. It's truly remarkable that adults would be as childish as this. After I repeatedly stated that I wasn't interested in this battle, you continue on. Have you nothing better to do? I was seeking information for myself and my family. I cannot believe that you are still participating in this! I expect this on facebook, not on an informational message board, such as this. I feel sorry for you.
I considered my comment "gentile ribbing", and I apologize if you feel bullied. Note that you "fired the first shot" by calling a poster "weird" for remembering details from past posts.

But in the future, you may want to avoid bragging about how your husband is smarter than everyone else and has special analytical skills on an internet forum. Just a friendly tip. I'm sure he's just lovely, though.

Old 06-09-2015, 03:37 PM

n/a posts
Ha, well... It's true. If that bothers you then don't read it. I believe I can brag or say whatever I want about my spouse. Maybe if you 2 didn't spend all of your time harassing people that you do not know online, your spouses would brag about you as well.

And, yes, I may have reacted to the other poster extremely. However, when I'm seeking information and some random dude decides to step in and be an ass, then I will react. I wasn't posting on that previous thread. For someone to bring up an old post and question a person that they don't know about their plans and what they are doing is in fact, strange. Why would one feel the need to do that? Did it bother him? I would never remember those details, let alone bring them up at a later time. If you don't find that strange, then you must be on the same strange planet. I'm not arguing with you people. For the 7000th time-- I asked a question about a school. I didn't bring up or begin an argument about buying in IL. Go watch Frozen tonight and replay the part where she sings: let it go over and over! Good God!

Old 06-09-2015, 03:47 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,614,321 times
Back on topic... Sandburg and Hawthorne are both excellent schools, but if I had to choose, I'd pick Hawthorne.

The fact that non-low income students at Hawthorne are as well prepared (according to ISAT benchmarks) as students at some of the most prestigious, wealthy and homogeneous schools in Chicagoland, while also sharing their classrooms with a diverse group of kids, many of whom have refugee backgrounds, is quite incredible and a model that (I think) should be followed in other districts.

Experiences with Carl Sandburg Elementary in Wheaton

Last edited by holl1ngsworth; 06-09-2015 at 05:02 PM..

Old 06-09-2015, 03:55 PM

173 posts, read 182,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae4732 View Post
Ha, well... It's true. If that bothers you then don't read it. I believe I can brag or say whatever I want about my spouse. Maybe if you 2 didn't spend all of your time harassing people that you do not know online, your spouses would brag about you as well.

And, yes, I may have reacted to the other poster extremely. However, when I'm seeking information and some random dude decides to step in and be an ass, then I will react. I wasn't posting on that previous thread. For someone to bring up an old post and question a person that they don't know about their plans and what they are doing is in fact, strange. Why would one feel the need to do that? Did it bother him? I would never remember those details, let alone bring them up at a later time. If you don't find that strange, then you must be on the same strange planet. I'm not arguing with you people. For the 7000th time-- I asked a question about a school. I didn't bring up or begin an argument about buying in IL. Go watch Frozen tonight and replay the part where she sings: let it go over and over! Good God!
And here's my side of it. Your posts in the other thread were strange and therefore stood out among the rest. It took me 5 minutes to look up your old posts to confirm you were the same poster that stood out in the prior thread (it's not that hard to look up). At that point I called out the inconsistencies in your story and received an over the top dramatic response. No harassing, no bullying, just calling it like I see it. In terms of childish and condescending remarks, look in the mirror and read what you wrote then get back to me on who has been more insulting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or