Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 06:56 PM

694 posts, read 2,015,838 times

Advertisements

[quote=cpm314;45721455]Oh i get it now you don't compare towns by anything objective like housing values, demographics, household income,or school quality. You just judge based on an arbitrary label. Well then i guess you will always view certain towns as prestigious. I do appreciate the "near north shore" ... that could be the new slogan of north chicago.[/QUOTE

Objective data is one driver but history is another driver. I'm sure Hinsdale and Lake Forest may have similar demographics (for instance) ....but to deny the mystique of Lake Forest would be putting your head in the sand. I hope this help you understand better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 07:22 PM

76 posts, read 162,296 times
[quote=lakecountylifer;45724412]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpm314 View Post
Oh i get it now you don't compare towns by anything objective like housing values, demographics, household income,or school quality. You just judge based on an arbitrary label. Well then i guess you will always view certain towns as prestigious. I do appreciate the "near north shore" ... that could be the new slogan of north chicago.[/QUOTE

Objective data is one driver but history is another driver. I'm sure Hinsdale and Lake Forest may have similar demographics (for instance) ....but to deny the mystique of Lake Forest would be putting your head in the sand. I hope this help you understand better.
Yeah at least you finally admit that the schools are essentially the same. But as far as mystique I'm not a born and raised local so I can just judge by performance, community involvement, recreation, and retail/dining scene. I'll leave the mystique for the poets.

Old 10-05-2016, 07:33 PM

[quote=cpm314;45724624]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakecountylifer View Post

Yeah at least you finally admit that the schools are essentially the same. But as far as mystique I'm not a born and raised local so I can just judge by performance, community involvement, recreation, and retail/dining scene. I'll leave the mystique for the poets.
Don't put words in my mouth. And since your not a native local you admit that "you just don't get it". I understand better now.

Old 10-05-2016, 07:48 PM

76 posts, read 162,296 times
[quote=lakecountylifer;45724730]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpm314 View Post

Don't put words in my mouth. And since your not a native local you admit that "you just don't get it". I understand better now.
Well if you are a product of the near north shore I am beginning to understand this mystique.

Old 10-05-2016, 09:08 PM

[quote=cpm314;45724854]
Quote:

Well if you are a product of the near north shore I am beginning to understand this mystique.
Touché

Old 10-09-2016, 12:58 PM

17 posts, read 40,866 times
Quote:
I'll make it simple or you. Libertyville is a nice community. It is not on the same level of Deerfield. All the other stuff...walkability of Libertyville vs Deerfield, comparing downtowns, schools, is irrelevant. Do you understand that newbie? 15 posts and your talking about someone "continually" posting nonsense. Pot stirring is what your doing.
1. You're, not your.

2. I'm not stirring anything. I read the whole thread and one of the things that stood out was your bizarre behavior. I'm calling a spade a spade.

3. What does 15 posts have to do with anything? 1 post or a million posts, I'm going to tell you when you're acting like a really strange person.

4. Most importantly... I'm pretty sure that anyone who's interested in comparing Libertyville vs Deerfield would emphatically disagree with you when you say that comparing the schools, downtowns and walkability is "irrelevant."

Old 10-10-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk312 View Post
1. You're, not your.

2. I'm not stirring anything. I read the whole thread and one of the things that stood out was your bizarre behavior. I'm calling a spade a spade.

3. What does 15 posts have to do with anything? 1 post or a million posts, I'm going to tell you when you're acting like a really strange person.

4. Most importantly... I'm pretty sure that anyone who's interested in comparing Libertyville vs Deerfield would emphatically disagree with you when you say that comparing the schools, downtowns and walkability is "irrelevant."
It's "One" not 1 in a sentence, grammar boy. And I can't help if you don't understand figurative vs literal writing. (I.e. walkability).

Old 10-28-2020, 03:29 PM

6 posts, read 5,005 times
As someone currently weighing whether to move to Libertyville or Deerfield, i just want to say that if "lakecountylifer" is at all representative of the people who live in Deerfield then my decision just got a lot easier after reading this thread.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:31 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,246,186 times
milwaukee_guy, from one Milwaukee guy to another: I'm a fan of both towns. I do like Libertyville a lot. They have a great downtown. They seem to have a very active and close community.
I have a cousin from Milwaukee that lived in Chicago, and then settled in Deerfield. Her 2 kids go to the middle and high school in Deerfield, and they are all very happy with the school system.
I'm wishing you the best with your search..... As far as Milwaukee goes, I grew up northside, but have lived in 2 different south side suburbs the last 17 years.

Old 10-29-2020, 03:17 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,544,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milwaukee_guy View Post
As someone currently weighing whether to move to Libertyville or Deerfield, i just want to say that if "lakecountylifer" is at all representative of the people who live in Deerfield then my decision just got a lot easier after reading this thread.
They've got some issues, I agree. But, I can assure you that they are not reflective of most people I encounter in Lake County or in the northern suburbs. Deerfield and Libertyville have some differences that you might want to explore by starting your own thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs