Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2016, 11:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,297 times

Advertisements

I'm a 23 yr old female that is relocating within the next month due to a job transfer. I originally had plans to move to Joliet but that living situation just fell through and I'm not sure what my options are for getting a place of my own because I'm not very familiar with Chicago or the suburbs. My job is transferring me to Mokena to be exact but I can't seem to find any apartments for rent when doing an online search, I just Keep getting results for Chicago or other suburbs. I'm willing to commute up to 40 mins away, my price range is up to $750 comfortably, 1 bdrm or studio is fine seeing that it's only me, It's very important that I'm in a safe enough area. Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I'm on a serious time schedule now that I'm scrabbling to find a new place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 11:34 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,629,490 times
Rental Listings - 196 Rentals | Zillow

https://www.padmapper.com/apartments...,41.9024089929

There's pretty much everything under $750 in the area -- not much. You may need to either raise your budget or look for a shared housing (roommate) situation. Mokena itself is really nice as are surrounding areas. Joliet is rough overall. Orland Park and Tinley Park are also another good area

Old 10-20-2016, 10:09 PM

143 posts, read 216,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeCity View Post
I'm a 23 yr old female that is relocating within the next month due to a job transfer. I originally had plans to move to Joliet but that living situation just fell through and I'm not sure what my options are for getting a place of my own because I'm not very familiar with Chicago or the suburbs. My job is transferring me to Mokena to be exact but I can't seem to find any apartments for rent when doing an online search, I just Keep getting results for Chicago or other suburbs. I'm willing to commute up to 40 mins away, my price range is up to $750 comfortably, 1 bdrm or studio is fine seeing that it's only me, It's very important that I'm in a safe enough area. Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I'm on a serious time schedule now that I'm scrabbling to find a new place to live.
$750 is a pretty tight budget, but still doable. The areas with the closet commute to Mokena would be Tinley Park and Orland Park, though in the latter you would have to search harder to find something in your budget. Farther out, I would consider safe areas of Joliet as you had originally looked at, Homewood/Flossmoor (which isn't particularly nice but still safe), and NW Indiana too is a possibility. Highland, IN, in particular, has plenty of apartments in your budget and is still very safe.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:18 AM

166 posts, read 356,492 times
New Lenox, Frankfort are other nice areas. The majority of stock here is single family. You could even look at Lockport or even up to Lemont if you are willing to drive 40min. I355 has a toll you'll need to pay everyday but traffic is minimal on that highway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs