Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 12:25 PM

15 posts, read 70,562 times

Advertisements

We may be relocating from New York to the Glenview area. Looks like we are looking in the Libertyville, Deerfiled, Buffalo Grove, Lake Zurich areas. Anybody have any children that are involved in gymnastics? Does anybody recommend any good gymnastics school in that area?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 08:48 PM

677 posts, read 4,209,369 times
Buffalo Grove Gymnastics Center (Welcome to the Buffalo Grove Gymnastics Website!). I always hear parents raving about it and most of the students on Stevenson's gymnastics teams come from there.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahava View Post
Buffalo Grove Gymnastics Center (Welcome to the Buffalo Grove Gymnastics Website!). I always hear parents raving about it and most of the students on Stevenson's gymnastics teams come from there.
Thanks!

Old 04-09-2008, 10:25 AM

10 posts, read 48,065 times
Morton Grove/Skokie, Niles West, former school of Bart Conner, Olympic gymnast, who won two gold medals in the 1984 Summer Olympics, they used to have a great gymnastic program, I don't know how it is now but it's worth looking into. I went to school at Niles North and our coach was a former Olympic gymnast.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:59 AM

47 posts, read 192,960 times
Libertyville high school has traditionally had a pretty strong gymnastics program as well

Old 05-18-2008, 05:44 PM

409 posts, read 1,517,280 times

Wilmette Gymnastics are the best in the state. My son is friends with several gymnastic state champions from the Wilmette Gymnastics. This would only be appropriate if you were to live in Deerfield or Glenview, because otherwise it is simply too far.

Wilmette Gymnastics is located in far west Wilmette. Right near the Glenview/Evanston/Wilmette Border. I hope you are looking to reside in the portion of Glenview that attends Avoca and New Trier Schools. Those are the best public schools you can give your child. Deerfield is also very nice. I think you should broaden your housing search to include some of the communities like Evanston, Wilmette, Winnetka, Glencoe, Northbrook, Northfield, and Highland Park. I would rule out Lake Zurich, Buffalo Grove, and Libertyville they are very different than some of the closer in areas, and the real estate market is unreliable and gets more so with rising gas prices and lack of mass transit.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:52 PM

Default Wilmette

Wilmette is way too expensive for our price range. Anybody have any updated information. I'm really looking Libertyville, BG, VH areas.

Thanks.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:53 PM

101 posts, read 435,578 times
My kids are in gymnastics class at Buffalo Grove Gymnastics. They are young (5 and 7) so not sure of what feedback to give you. What I don't like is the lack of information and feedback from teachers. This is the fourth session we have taken class and I see really no improvement. They enjoy class but parents have no interaction with teachers. The classes are huge and parking is a bear. The parking lot is always full. I think they keep taking more and more students without realizing what is happening to the parking lot and waiting area. The parents with kids on the competitive team are constantly discussing the children while watching at the window. I couldn't stand it after a while. So much worse than dance or soccer moms. The studio never closes in bad weather which could be a plus or a minus depending on how far away you drive to get to it. The teachers seem to enjoy teaching the children but don't follow the dress code. The younger teachers have their hand down, wear sweats. I think they should teach by example.
Emmie

Old 03-19-2009, 03:59 AM

1 posts, read 10,669 times
Stevenson High School just won its 5th state gymnastics championship in 8 years. It is deffinatly a program you should look into. The school also is considered one of the top 100 public high schools in the nation almost every year. Additionally portions of Buffalo Grove do attend SHS.

Hope that helps

Old 03-25-2009, 08:18 PM

34 posts, read 191,619 times
Lake Zurich has a private gymnastics center for training on Enterprise Drive. Home

Barrington has one as well. Kids In Action Gymnastics Academy

We live in Long Grove (stevenson hs district). Both of these places are minutes away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs