Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2021, 10:42 AM

249 posts, read 181,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
This is a problem in most of the Chicago area particularly in more heavily Democrat controlled areas. The Government serves themselves primarily and the people second. Glen Ellyn and Downers Grove are in Dupage Co and are a bit more conservative than many places in Crook County.

When I moved to Lombard last year I was immediately struck by how much better run it was. I can take my dogs for a walk in the park without obnoxious no dogs signs everywhere. I can go to sleep at night and be certain my car isn't going to be taken/towed for whatever asinine reason they can come up with, I don't even need to buy a sticker. There aren't corrupt Red Light and Speed Cameras on every corner. The fewer corrupt Dems "helping working people like myself" the better the quality of life is.
Cicero, which is right next to Berwyn, is Republican controlled and way more corrupt. Cicero leaders make Berwyn's leaders look like girl scouts. Also look at Crestwood's Republican mayor who allowed his towns water to be poisoned. Can't get more corrupt than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2021, 09:42 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,423,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
Evanston government is very transparent and extremely responsive
Yea when they aren't taxing their residents into foreclosure to pay for slavery reparations since Evanston has such a long and dark history of slavery...

Old 11-10-2021, 08:35 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,177,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
This is a problem in most of the Chicago area particularly in more heavily Democrat controlled areas. The Government serves themselves primarily and the people second. Glen Ellyn and Downers Grove are in Dupage Co and are a bit more conservative than many places in Crook County.

When I moved to Lombard last year I was immediately struck by how much better run it was. I can take my dogs for a walk in the park without obnoxious no dogs signs everywhere. I can go to sleep at night and be certain my car isn't going to be taken/towed for whatever asinine reason they can come up with, I don't even need to buy a sticker. There aren't corrupt Red Light and Speed Cameras on every corner. The fewer corrupt Dems "helping working people like myself" the better the quality of life is.
Which is why chiraq is such a mess and getting worse and they still vote democrat lol

Old 11-10-2021, 11:35 PM

197 posts, read 235,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cuccino View Post
Cicero... is Republican controlled
Alright let me stop you right there, because this is absurd. How are you making such a claim? Cicero voted 80% for Biden. If you're referring solely to that goofy village president, Dominick, officially he's "nonpartisan". Where and who are the Republicans controlling Cicero?

Old 11-11-2021, 04:09 AM

4 posts, read 5,122 times
What did you expect? The closer city is to megapolis - the higher prices. Berwyn's landlords are not so stupid - they precisely know that the flow of clients is endless. The same goes for every suburb of Chicago. Chicago is a pretty wealthy city, even compared to the biggest ones in the US. For some reason, the city attracts corrupted foreigners. I personally know some, they hired federal lawyers https://federal-lawyer.com/fcpa/inve...ion-checklist/ for East Europe cases. I don't know, as for me, Texas is the best place. Moderate taxes, sunny days - what else do you need?

Old 11-11-2021, 10:50 AM

2,191 posts, read 1,848,685 times
Naperville is more conservative, and they charge the 3% "welcome to Naperville" tax when you buy there. Ridiculous

Old 11-11-2021, 11:29 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,455,878 times
Quote:
Cicero, which is right next to Berwyn, is Republican controlled and way more corrupt. Cicero leaders make Berwyn's leaders look like girl scouts. Also look at Crestwood's Republican mayor who allowed his towns water to be poisoned. Can't get more corrupt than that.
Cicero is not Republican controlled. Its local elections are non-partisan, and usually uncontested. Otherwise, it votes overwhelmingly Democrat.

In the 2020 Presidential race, over 80% of Cicero Township voted for Biden/Harris. And nearly 60% voted for Kim Foxx over the Republican guy, who got a meager 31%. Generally speaking, any generic candidate you could put on the ballot, including your dog, will get 30-35% of the vote in a given election. Anything less than that indicates a repudiation. So the numbers show that Cicero is decidedly not Republican. It's controlled, but not by Republicans!

https://results1120.cookcountyclerki...spx?eid=110320

Old 11-11-2021, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
Cicero is not Republican controlled. Its local elections are non-partisan, and usually uncontested. Otherwise, it votes overwhelmingly Democrat.

In the 2020 Presidential race, over 80% of Cicero Township voted for Biden/Harris. And nearly 60% voted for Kim Foxx over the Republican guy, who got a meager 31%. Generally speaking, any generic candidate you could put on the ballot, including your dog, will get 30-35% of the vote in a given election. Anything less than that indicates a repudiation. So the numbers show that Cicero is decidedly not Republican. It's controlled, but not by Republicans!

https://results1120.cookcountyclerki...spx?eid=110320
Biden/Harris don't control cicero. Topic is local government officials not President and not constituents, unless you're in agreement that the problem is the residents of Berwyn. President has no impact on Cicero's local laws. Cicero's corruption has zero to do with who the President, Senator or States Attorney is. Cicero has had a Republican "president" for decades. Cicero may be Democratic but it's leaders aren't and that is the topic. Crestwood's mayor, who is Republican was recently convicted of red light corruption, which was one of the original points of this thread.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...zka-story.html

Last edited by Don Cuccino; 11-11-2021 at 01:33 PM..

Old 11-11-2021, 01:02 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,917,244 times
Quote:
Topic is local government officials not President and not constituents, unless you're in agreement that there is something wrong with the residents of Berwyn. President has no impact on Cicero's local laws. Cicero's corruption has zero to do with who the President, Senator or States Attorney is. Cicero has had a Republican "president" for decades. Cicero may be Democratic but it's leaders aren't and that is the topic. Crestwood's mayor, who is Republican was recently convicted of red light corruption, which was one of the original points of this thread.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...zka-story.html

the topic is BERWYN.NOT CICERO; nice try to once again, interject your democratic/hate everything republican bias into most threads/topics you post in..

Old 11-11-2021, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
the topic is BERWYN.NOT CICERO; nice try to once again, interject your democratic/hate everything republican bias into most threads/topics you post in..
Other members have cited Glen Ellyn, Downers Grove and Lombard in this thread yet Cicero which is right next to Berwyn is off topic?

eXpLaiN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs