Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2021, 03:54 PM

2 posts, read 2,654 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am looking into moving to Hinsdale with my kids. All of the area looks very nice and has great schools. I was wondering if there are any preferred neighborhoods or parts of Hinsdale that are more desirable than others. ( west v east/ north v south the tracks, closeness to a specific park, areas with less traffic, etc) thanks!

Last edited by Sunny Smith; 09-12-2021 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: Adding more information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2021, 10:16 AM

3,204 posts, read 3,466,361 times
Southeast Hinsdale has the highest concentration of multi-million dollar homes. However, almost all of the village is upscale or relatively upscale.

Old 09-23-2021, 08:27 PM

18 posts, read 18,633 times
Hi. We have a house we built 12 years ago that we've raised our two children. Now that they're both in college, we are thinking about selling. I am being very honest when I say that we are in a terrific location - a few blocks from town and the train station, a large park half a block away, grade school, middle school, and high school all within walking distance. All this on a lovely quiet street with large mature trees. My husband wants to keep the house a while longer, but I think it's time for us to downsize. If interested, pm me. Otherwise, good luck!

Old 09-30-2021, 02:29 AM

12 posts, read 11,341 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/2512980-post17.html

https://lucidrealty.com/hinsdale.php

Happy to answer any specific hinsdale questions

Old 01-02-2022, 02:38 PM

6 posts, read 9,122 times
Cant go wrong. Depends on price range.

I’ve lived in burr ridge for 3 years just across the village line; we’re strongly considering a move to north shore but otherwise will go to Hinsdale when our lease is up (will be posting about that shortly).

I personally find the south (north of 55 and south of Chicago Ave) to be the most desirable. And of that I’d prefer between Madison and county line. West of Garfield you have parks and east of Garfield you have larger homes. 2nd best area to me is east of county line but then you have cook county taxes and more noise from the highway.

I also like some newer homes in the north west part but it feels farther from town and less special with grid streets vs curving roads and brick pavers here and there.

The north east is my least favorite as is anything south of 55. Once you cross 55 you’re not walking to town anymore you’re in a bedroom housing community, in my opinion. So why pay the high prices and instead find something in Clarendon or Burr Ridge that has the same schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs