Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2022, 02:17 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,179,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aga412 View Post
^ This. Schools aren't great. Perhaps this is personal bias but everyone I have met from that area is also incredibly strange.
There are small sections of Norridge and Harwood Heights that feed into Maine South for high school but I'm unsure of the K-8 school situation but didn't think it was the Maine school district.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2022, 11:48 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,899,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannFrankenstein View Post
You know what, no one mentioned Des Plaines. I’d go with Des Plaines over all the others. I don’t know much about their schools but they do have a pretty sizable library downtown. The downtown is a pretty big one. It is less fancy than Park Ridge. I seem to remember threads from years past saying there are uppity attitudes in Park Ridge, being nicer and further in than Des Plaines. I havn’t experienced this. Des Plaines is still pretty nice, if not a bit weird. There is a Rolex shop but I had to wonder why they were collaborating with the Rainforest Cafe when I saw a picture of a cartoon Iguana in their window
Des Plaines is not bad. The two main issues are airport noise and freight train crossings. WARNING: some places have a Des Plaines address but are not within the City limits. If the address is over 4000 it is in unincorporated Maine Township. Stay out unless you are getting a fantastic low price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs