Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 12:39 AM

3 posts, read 26,956 times

Advertisements

ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN TELL ME A LITTLE ABOUT MATTESON ILLINOIS MY FAMILY IS THINKING ABOUT BUYING A MOBLE HOME OUT THERE WE JUST SOLD OUR HOME IN SKOKIE WE ARE ALL WOMEN 18 OR OLDER EXCEPT FOR MY DAUGHTERS SON WHO IS GOING TO BE 2 YEARS OLD ON THE 12 OF JAN ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANKS A BUNCHES

Old 01-05-2007, 03:55 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
I apologize for not being particularly helpful, but if you're in Skokie why not just drive down and take a look yourself?

And while you're looking around Matteson, maybe you might look to see if they have an extra caps lock key you could borrow.

Old 01-05-2007, 08:26 AM

Sorry if you find my cap lock defensive i just got out of the hospital having spinal fusion so i cant drive out there and i am not sure i want to send my senior mother out there looking at demographics there is just some places white people are still not welcome in chicago and i was hopeing someone could let me know about matteson i have read some of your posting your just real grumpy

Old 01-05-2007, 08:58 AM
NSH

284 posts, read 2,364,658 times
I have friends who live in Matteson, they like it. There is a "manufactured residence" community in Matteson that will rival the best in Florida. It is gated, with a full time security guard, lots of parks and recreation. I just cannot remember where it is, the last time I was there was about 15 years ago and I believe it was in the newer section of Matteson west of I-80.
The big complaint from residents of Matteson is taxes. The city gave big tax discounts to auto dealers to relocate there in hope that the increased traffic would spurt development. However the development barrier is still the I-80 corridor, Country Club Hills has tripled its sales tax revenue since a new strip mall went in anchored by Wal-Mart on Crawford.
Another "manufacured residence" community I am familiar with is in Justice or Bridgeview, it sits in a heavily wooded area under the LaGrange road overpass north of Archer. Very well kept and nice people.

Last edited by NSH; 01-05-2007 at 09:12 AM..

Old 01-05-2007, 11:10 AM

Default thank you

yes i am looking at the security park in matteson thank you so very much i will have my mom check it out they are very nice from what i can see online lots of golf courses around right off the 80 you were very helpful thanks again

Old 01-17-2007, 05:34 PM

4 posts, read 21,936 times
There is a mobile park in Matteson but you might like the one that is farther south better in Beecher. Check it out. I know they have a senior park and there are numerous other places in this area for mobile homes.Some are senior and others are open.

Old 01-18-2007, 06:01 PM

15 posts, read 239,929 times
Matteson is a changing suburb going from white to black (yes, I am white). Just curious why don't you check out the mobile home parks in Des Plaines or Wheeling if you are from Skokie? You are so near Des Plaines. My husband and I live in a mobile home park in Des Plaines.

About once a year we go to Park Forest to do personal business. Before we went to Park Forest we decided to go to the gated mobile park in unincorporated Matteson (there are two parks across from one another). The one in unincorporated Matteson could have been a lot nicer than we found it to be; plus, it had well water. The mobile/manufactured park across from it is very expensive - homes about $80,000 on up. They were also on tv because of their expensive rents.

One good thing about the park that I live in it is near Pace and downtown Des Plaines. Just drive around and look at the parks.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:08 PM

6 posts, read 28,157 times
Matteson kicks ass. I live here, I am white and I'm glad some of the white trash has been replaced by respectable black people. I've been here 9 1/2 years, lived nearby for 40 years, and enjoy most of the crowd around here. Lots of shopping and opportunities for all people. Get over the black and white **** already. Enjoy life and enjoy your country. God bless our soldiers.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:43 PM

7 posts, read 48,527 times
Thumbs up Matteson ok?

Well Matteson's crime rate has increased throughout the recent decade and I'm familiar with some of the crime that has occured recently in certain areas. But anything can happen anywhere. It also depends on your own prefrences and who you will feel more comfortable around. The area that your choosing is ok, but I would have to say if you want to live in a manufactured home community with more of an older crowd there is a community similar in Bourbonnais (home of da bears)I actually just bought one myself. The name is TRI-STAR ESTATES. The area has the highest percentage being retired caucassian people, about 10% african american and 10% hispanic. Don't get me wrong there is about a 30% younger crowd including young couples with children. There is also a very large beautiful hall with a pool and small exercize room. Friday nights is Bingo night, and the hall can be rented with a 50.00 deposit that is returned if all regulations were followed. Schools are great and being a criminal justice major the crime rate is extremely low, if any. Theres a mall with major department stores and plenty of other stores and also a new performing arts theater. Theres a childrens museum which is free on Thursdays and a large park next to it with a petting zoo thats holds lots off events.Theres also a water park near the community college. If your interested in this area I will be happy to share other great stuff about the area. If there were a statistical study to be conducted on these communities, I believe that the Bourbonnais community would fall in the top two for the state of Illinois. Any manufactured home community that you are considering, never buy a home through the office they literally triple the actual price that a person would sell their home for. Some people sell their homes privately or through a real estate agent. We bought our home in nearly perfect condition for $36,000 and its 1,782 sq. ft. very huge.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:19 AM

7 posts, read 48,211 times
I know I certainly like shopping in Matteson because it has everything and is conveniently located off I-57 and is less congested than Orland. Not familiar with the housing.

There is however a cute little mobile home park nestled in Merrionette Park which is located near Mt. Greenwood (City limits and full of cops and firemen) and Alsip (suburb). The homes are packed pretty tight but it is safe and slightly hidden, it is cute and has a cottagey feel, and it is near the Merrionette Park baseball fields. Great for T-ball for the little one soon. It also has small wooded areas around it which is rare nowadays. I believe you can access it off of 119th Street. If I had to live in a mobile Park I think I would choose that one for accessibilty, a great area for kids, and also a few blocks from Dominick's, laundromat, Bourbon Street, etc.

Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs