Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 01:54 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,393,276 times

Advertisements

schools?
Village of Broadview - A Balanced Community
Illinois Schools - Find a Public or Private Illinois School - SchoolDigger.com

Safety?
http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...-Illinois.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 11:53 AM

5 posts, read 6,085 times
Default Happy mix latino in Broadview!

I am a happy new Broadview resident , I cannot complain about
safety in my neighborhood. ( Police are always checking ).I live close to 14th Ave &
Rosevelt. Not only is safe but also I am close to 290 express way that take me only a few
minutes to OakBrook , Elmhursh , La Grange Park , North Riverside with the
only diferent that I got a completed new upgraded house with a luxury fine finished and low taxes comparing to the sorrounding area. Basically I found horrible houses in the surrounding area that sold as it with zero upgrates for the price that I pay in Broadview. I invite all races to be part of a new safe inclusive town close to everywhere. If you want new upgrade houses w/ low income taxes Broadview is a great option.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:43 PM

In my own experience , I am a happy new resident of Broadview .I was looking to buy a house in all over south west area. Places like Elmhursh , Riverside, Brookfield , La Grange Park,Villa Park, Lombard are too much over priced and taxes are way too hight. For only 229K I got a completed renewed ranch style house with 5 Bedroom/ 3 Bathrooms , finished basement w/ fire place,top of the line materials and even new apliance. New central heather & A/C system.For that price probably only can get a small house w/ 2 Bedroom 1 Bathroom, no upgrade at all and unfinished bsm in the other towns.Unfortunately we should be open to live in an inclusive neighborhood...Broadview share LA fitness , Home Depot , Target w/ people that live in all the sorounding areas but you can save a lot of money in mortgage and taxes here. I am not an African American, but open to be part of multicultural and diversity future of the new Broadview. Come and move here! This town is very safe 24/7.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:58 PM

529 posts, read 647,382 times
Elmhursh certainly has higher home values, but you get what you pay for. I grew up in the south eastern part of Broadview, Beverly. Even that area seems depressed now.

The Village Square Mall has a significant number of vacancies (I'd guess that it is the emptiest it has been since it opened 20 some years ago. I know the village is hoping to continue to develop Roosevelt road, and it still has a good industrial tax base along the IHB and 25th Ave, but I'd be worried about the future finances of the town as home values are not getting much better.

I'd say broadview is in better shape than its neighbors to the north, Bellwood and Maywood but certainly not better than suburbs to the south and west.

I'm glad to hear you are excited to live there. I hope village gets better.

Old 04-28-2017, 05:56 PM

Thanks for your advice deeman7 I am agree in some part and respect your opinion. My point was that if your budget is under 230k you can get in Broadview a completed upgrade / remodelated house w/ primiun quality materials & contemporary new look. Unfortunately for the same price you will get only a small ugly
Property in Elmhursh, La Grange Park, N Riverside,Oakbrook Terrace etc. Therefore I am very happy living as a king in Broadview than in a small algunas house that for sure will have to spend way more money to upgrade basically every corner of the house.
People need to be open to changes ... we need young multicultural generation that want to
move to Broadview and be part of the positive change. This town is small, very organize and clean. Easy access to every sorrounding area in a couple minutes and tax property are lower comparing to our reacher sorroundes South of west neighbors.

Old 01-02-2019, 01:48 PM

29 posts, read 62,815 times
Too be honest broadview is not bad. There are actually nice homes there.. the problem is its located in proviso and borders maywood and bellwood and melrose park and stone park.

Those areas are worse off due to lack of manufacturing jobs and industrial jobs gone. So crime may spill. But residents are willin to pay the taxes for upgrades and necessary services.

North riverside has two districts one west of desplaines goes to komarek organized from prek to 8th

East of desplaines goes to riverside schools.

The east has better schools ratings and come on its riverside and you pay way less than riverside counterparts.

I seen a home for only 900 sq ft sell for 320k on east side im excited because it shows people are remodeling homes or making bigger.. i seen people buy and add to the building.

The komarek side is nice with driveways but they been hit with a 22 million tax increase school referendum so who knows what will go on.

Plus the komarek isnt that well rated..

If anything north riverside is a tale of two villages in one.

But broadview is nice i walked in there and nothing happens.. kinda quiet for a suburb near chicago. Kinda like westchestor.

The good thing is people do care for their homes in broadview.

Old 01-04-2019, 12:58 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,045,998 times
^^ Why are you spelling it "Elmhursh". Isn't it Elmhurst?

Old 01-24-2019, 11:08 AM

29 posts, read 32,602 times
better off in the next door neighbor of Westchester than Broadview, Westchester is a quiet calm suburb of chicago and has some decent home prices
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs