Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 04:19 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,257,268 times

Advertisements

Great, now I'm hungry!
Breakfast/Lunch. Egg Harbor, Arlington Heights and other locations.
Breakfast. Walker Brothers-the good one with stained glass and nice wood work all around, not the other one with spotty consistency.
Dinner/Lunch:
India House-Buffalo Grove
I Am Siam-Wheeling
La Tasca-Arlington Heights
Lou Malnati's-All locations are good
El Famous Burrito-Various locations
And have to admit, an occasional visit to Old Country Buffet. Sometimes I need to eat NOW and it's a decent family value for a cheapskate (frugal) guy like me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 05:09 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Man, I cant believe I forgot Egg Harbor Cafe! DOH!

Id also like to mention the Country House in Geneva.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:45 PM

264 posts, read 2,143,677 times
I went to the Montana Grill in Naperville last night and loved it.

Anyways, there is also a Garibaldis in Addison, I love that Pizza.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:58 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,257,268 times
Jameson's in Arlington Heights-Dundee Rd.
Opa's-Vernon Hills
Stir Crazy-Woodfield
Wildfire-all good
I am a sheltered suburbanite, gravitating towards the sea of "chain-food" luring us.
Any other Palatine/Arl.Hts./Buffalo Grove/Wheeling non-chain places you can steer me towards??
Let me know if they're kid friendly, reasonable $ or if it's a date place for DW and I.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:17 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,743,416 times
Two excellent Italian joints---Armand's in Elmwood Park and Roberto's in Elmhurst.

Frankie's Italian deli in Lombard has good sandwiches, subs and such.

And there's a Ricobene's in Downers and another in Bolingbrook.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:31 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,608,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
Jameson's in Arlington Heights-Dundee Rd.
Opa's-Vernon Hills
Stir Crazy-Woodfield
Wildfire-all good
I am a sheltered suburbanite, gravitating towards the sea of "chain-food" luring us.
Any other Palatine/Arl.Hts./Buffalo Grove/Wheeling non-chain places you can steer me towards??
Let me know if they're kid friendly, reasonable $ or if it's a date place for DW and I.
Have you been to Mia Cuccia in Palatine ? Kid friendly early, date place later. Also the restaraunt in Mackray Golf course is a favorite of ours (on 14, Barrington but close to Palatine ,think its called the Oakterrace) Great lunches and dinners. AND you can eat outside, very pretty.My son highly recommends the hot dog, I am partial to the salmon. There is a Francescas in Barrington village as well as Barrington Country Bistro (French) on 14 which are very nice 'dates'. I will let you know if I think of others.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:52 PM

204 posts, read 813,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Meson Sabika -- Naperville
I agree. This is the best place I have eaten in Illinois. Price is good too.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:05 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,344,148 times
Meson sabika is great. Is "emilio's" the tapas bar in hillside still there? Haven't been there in years, but was great back then. Also, the mill race inn is nice fancy place in Geneva, pricey though. I like the Mill grill as much if not better. which is below the mill race inn.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:17 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,608,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
Meson sabika is great. Is "emilio's" the tapas bar in hillside still there? Haven't been there in years, but was great back then. Also, the mill race inn is nice fancy place in Geneva, pricey though. I like the Mill grill as much if not better. which is below the mill race inn.
Mill Race has been a grand old mainstay for decades, but now its more a 'ladies lunch' kind of place to me, alot of blue hairs in there when I have gone. I think the outside grill, right on the river is a good place for a burger/beer in the summer though. I much prefer across the water at "ATWATERS" in the Herrington inn. Wonderful food, lovely atmosphere. Go for lunch if dinners are too spendy.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:41 PM

610 posts, read 2,728,354 times
My new favorite is Vitoria's in Glen Ellyn. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!! The BEST eggplant I've had in years and I'm a total eggplant snob! :0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs