U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2007, 09:46 AM

3 posts, read 12,023 times

Advertisements

I am looking to move into the Country Glen complex in unincorporated Arlington Heights off of 53 and Dundee. Do anyone know about the crime? I know the schools are good (Palatine) but of course you do not get the "real" feel of an environment until the summer when EVERYONE is out.

Thanks,
Eve
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2007, 10:44 AM

677 posts, read 3,817,747 times
I used to live very close to there, in the Newport Village townhomes (off of Wilke and Nichols). I also have a friend who lives in Country Glen. He's doing everything he can to move out. I would live there only as a last resort. There is a lot of crime in the neighboring apartment complex on Bonhill Dr., mostly drug-related. Also, many of the Country Glen buildings aren't in great condition, and my friend who lives there is always complaining about his manager. It seems like the management doesn't really care. In general I would avoid the area between Wilke and 53. Try the Pheasant Trail apartments - I'm not sure how much more expensive they are but the east side of Wilke is a much better neighborhood and there's a great park between Pheasant Trail and Newport Village on Schaeffer. You could also look at the Foxfire apartments on Rand and Hicks. My husband lived there while we were dating and I always felt safe being there late at night.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 4,732 times
Default I live there

I live in Country Glen, have since April of 2006. I haven't seen any crime in our complex, our rent is reasonable, our apartment is in good condition and our landlord is VERY quick to repair anything. I think each building is owned and managed by different people, if we have problems we don't call the main office, we call OUR management company.

Old 02-28-2007, 02:35 PM

332 posts, read 1,385,877 times
Rent inside the Dundee-53-Rand triangle only if you're out of other options. A few miles east you can find Windsor Woods on the SW intersection of Windsor and Hintz in Arlington Heights. Another half-mile east(that's already Wheeling) on Hintz rd(north side) is Mallard Lake complex, and yet east of there is V.I.P Apartments(south side). In all these you'll likely get a much better deal for a similar amount of money. Definitely shop around the area some more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs