Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2008, 04:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,737 times

Advertisements

Hi.
Iam half peruvian and half japanese,I lived almost my whole life in Japan.
Japan is my home now, but because my husband job we have to move to chicago.
Iam really afraid to move to other country,I never move before and I heard many bad things about USA(good things too! ;D),and Iam really afraid of that,in japan I can walk on the middle of the night in a dark way and nothing happen.
Iam really worry because I have a son, and as I ,we love the nature, and respect people. Iam afraid that my son get troubles at school,I heard terrible things about bully at school,etc
I look for a good place to live, a good neighborhood,with good schools,and no racial discrimination. ( I never was a victim of that, but I heard many people talk about it,and make me worry)
Here on Yokosuka base I found really nice people,but none of them never were been on chicago. Iam really not afraid just worry.
I hope you can help me,I will really apreaciate it.

I hope you can understand me, Iam trying to learn more of your language.

kocha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 06:30 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,670,577 times
I understand your fear. Please understand the reason you hear about the bad things in the US is because they are news. News is something that is unusual. Most of the people in the US are very nice. There are some places in the Chicago where crime rates are higher. You need to provide us with a little more information so we can help. Is your husband's job in downtown Chicago or in an outlying area? Will he drive to workor take mass transit. Do you want to buy or rent a homeand what is your budget? You say you have a son. Will you be looking for a pre-school, elementary shoolor High school?

Old 10-27-2008, 12:36 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,390,755 times
If we can help you in any way, please let us know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs