Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 01:14 PM

206 posts, read 1,078,593 times

Advertisements

Going south of Chi Heights, where is the place that begin to be safe? Is the Beecher farm area also as crime-infected? Where do you begin to have safe farms or safe forest lands going further south, or east, from that area?

Thanks.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:23 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,902 times
Crete is south of Chicago Heights southern border- 5 miles or so and it is a lovely community. The town area is a mix of small single family homes, large beautifully maintained Victorians and Sear's homes. There are also beautiful wooded subdivisions with homes that are a million + in addition to horse farms, many of which have their own practice tracks, dairy farms, etc., and subdivisions with homes in the $300,000.00 range. It is a very safe community, Beecher is just south of Crete.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:53 PM

8 posts, read 29,031 times
Why on earth you even want to live in this region of the metro Chicago area is puzzling. If you must, I'd go to Beecher. Indeed, Crete has some very lovely homes, and neighborhoods but its still too close to the "asteroid" belt of Chicago Heights, South Chicago Heights, Steger etc IMHO

Northwest Indiana isn't bad, Check out, Crown Point, In, its lovely.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:59 PM

8 posts, read 29,031 times
If direct access to Chicago via public transportation plays any role in your choice, then I'd say Beecher or Crete, because supposedly there will be a Metra line going from Balmoral in Crete(not far from Beecher), up to Chicago, in the future(and with transportation funding from the Federal govt, this metra line could happen sooner than later) Crown Point, does not currently have access nor plans for a train line going into Chicago.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:06 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,153,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAHEIGHTS1987 View Post
hello, everyone chicago heights is the best town in america. chi heights crime is basically on the eastside, westside, and the hill. the town is very intergrated i grew up with blacks, mexicans, and whites. in my book its a great place too live and raise your childern. theres a lot of bad press because of the mafia who used too run the street and the gangs who run em now. but the areas i mentioned where not as bad until the mob left.
I can tell by your post that the educational system there isn't very good.
I'm also trying to figure out how a place where you say the streets are run by gangs can be the "best town in America."
But thanks for sharing your thoughts with us...

Old 03-08-2009, 08:03 PM

206 posts, read 1,078,593 times
Just looking for trees and space outside Chicago. Is the Juliet region safer? It is a bit further drive.

Is Crown point, IN region much safer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarStars View Post
Why on earth you even want to live in this region of the metro Chicago area is puzzling. If you must, I'd go to Beecher. Indeed, Crete has some very lovely homes, and neighborhoods but its still too close to the "asteroid" belt of Chicago Heights, South Chicago Heights, Steger etc IMHO

Northwest Indiana isn't bad, Check out, Crown Point, In, its lovely.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 3,644 times
Default ford v. east heights // greasy young mayor

okay so like idk about the history but i call from like east end to somewhere around ford plant east heights (like the east side of chicago heights there is no such actual town as "east heights") and then after that is ford heights. okay. duh. okay so then about this dumb mayor.... he used to do this ***** i went to jr. high w/ who's always been jealous of me and a hatin ass ho. she was also doing the oasis owner. i think at the same time. short child looking pretty retarded evil **** miranda pecora. go on about ur miranda rights boys. ruin my life. sickening. myspace.com/therepublicofthemoon and b****hunterrobyn (idk rules for those words here). she been hating on me since 7th grade and boys are still so addicted to easy ***** that they still let her do it. way 2 go! u sure deserve 2 be in business and government. yeah right. lose it all i hope.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:11 AM

274 posts, read 709,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyncz View Post
okay so like idk about the history but i call from like east end to somewhere around ford plant east heights (like the east side of chicago heights there is no such actual town as "east heights") and then after that is ford heights. okay. duh. okay so then about this dumb mayor.... he used to do this ***** i went to jr. high w/ who's always been jealous of me and a hatin ass ho. she was also doing the oasis owner. i think at the same time. short child looking pretty retarded evil **** miranda pecora. go on about ur miranda rights boys. ruin my life. sickening. myspace.com/therepublicofthemoon and b****hunterrobyn (idk rules for those words here). she been hating on me since 7th grade and boys are still so addicted to easy ***** that they still let her do it. way 2 go! u sure deserve 2 be in business and government. yeah right. lose it all i hope.
What the hell????

Old 03-28-2009, 10:40 AM

120 posts, read 279,226 times
My parents both grew up in Chicago Heights, and I still have relatives who live there. I am 45 and have been going there regularly since I was born. While there are still some nice areas, it has been going downhill for years, and the downtown is a hollowed-out shell of what it used to be - mostly vacant storefronts at this point. I don't live in the Chicago area anymore, but I still go back to the Heights about once a year or every other year for one family event or another, and I'm always very saddened to see what has become of it - downtown in particular.

I mean no disrepect to the many fine people who live there - some of whom I am related to-- but I can think of no reason whatsoever why someone moving to the Chicago area from elsewhere would want to live there.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:48 AM

1 posts, read 3,323 times
I was born and raised in the Heights. I no longer live there and neither do any of my friends or family members. The Heights has always been multiracial and ethnically rich. When I went to Bloom I had many African American and Hispanic friends. That hasn't changed. What has changed is the crime. I would no longer be caught dead in the Heights. In fact, if I were caught in my old Westside neighborhood in the Heights, that probably exactly what I'd be.

If you're moving to the Chicago area... move somewhere else... not the Heights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs