Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 11:23 AM

4 posts, read 8,913 times

Advertisements

Move to Bartlett or any area that gets you into Bartlett High School.
Well worth the money!

Have you seen my head?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 11:39 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,344,148 times
St. Charles D-303 schools are very good. Included in this district are parts of the towns of West Chicago and South Elgin. Did you state your husband is going to work in Wheaton, why not Wheaton?

Old 06-24-2011, 09:22 PM

1 posts, read 834 times
Wegner school in West Chicago is a very good school. I went to 4 of the elem. schools in West Chicago along with the Middle and High School. The high school was the best technologically advanced in the midwest at that time (8 years ago). If you stay out of the downtown West Chicago area and the apartments, its a very nice living experience. Everything is very close, and there's a mall within 10 minutes whether you go to northeast, west, or south

Old 06-24-2011, 09:28 PM

4,152 posts, read 7,934,805 times
I think there are better places to move to in Dupage than the poster mentioned. I'd nix Aurora, West Chicago and Carol Stream and keep looking.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:02 AM

7 posts, read 22,986 times
Aurora was never the murder capital of world or what not. I grew up there, and that description sounds completely silly to me. Yeah, there are definitely a few parts of Aurora that I'd stay away from if I decided to go for a walk by myself at 2 in the morning. But Aurora is really not all that bad, especially the Dupage/d204 part.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:03 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,250,015 times
You are replying to a thread that is FOUR years old. I would bet the OP has moved by now.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:29 PM

1,096 posts, read 4,525,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Steve, the subdivision she's talking about is across 64 from Pheasant Run, just up Smith Road behind the Wal-Mart. That subdivision is indeed in the St. Charles school district. (And you'll pay an extra 25 to 50 grand for that privilege.) Wasco is also part of the St. Charles school district.

As bad as Aurora is, it has never been the murder capital of Illinois, a title I presume will be perrenially captured by ESL. Besides which the 204 school district will be in the outskirts of the city where the tidy new subdivisions are, whereas most of Aurora's problems are near the city center.

There's really nothing wrong with most DuPage County school districts, West Chicago being the lone exception -- and even it's not awful, it's just not great when compared to its neighbors. Wheaton itself is a fine school district.
As bad as Aurora is...lol.

Give me a break. Aurora a city of what 150k gets a bad rap because of the downtown section and east side.

I would venture to guess 99.9% of people who ask about Aurora on these boards have no plans on living in these areas.

I'm bad with directions in terms of N,S, E, W but I would say between Eola and Rt 59 from Plainfield all the way to Warrenville is perfectly fine, you most likely wouldn't even be able to tell Aurora from Naperville if you didn't know which city you were in.

Also people who live in this area don't do their shopping or hang out in the sketchy areas, they will be doing everything in Naperville, going to school in Naperville, etc just paying lower home prices.

I'd pick Aurora in a heartbeat over West Chicago or even Bolingbrook.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:32 PM

1,096 posts, read 4,525,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STC0720 View Post
Hey I am from St. Charles, Royal Fox nieghborhood which is virtually right next to conserstone lakes, and used to live in Aurora, district 204, and thought i would give you some input.

I graduated from St Charles East High School in 2005 and have many friends that live in Cornerstone Lakes. It is a great neighborhood and they all love it. Many different types of homes and varying price ranges although most are above 300000 i believe. We used to always go to the ponds in conerstone lakes during the summer and it was always a very family oriented neighborhood. St Charles schools are great and the area as a whole is very nice.It was a great place to grow up and Norton Creek, the school in conerstone lakes is brand new and very nice.

The Dupage County part of Aurora is actually very nice. District 204 consistently ranks among the best. I used to live in the Stonebridge subdivision off of Eola and loved it. Some neighborhoods you should check out there are Oakhurst, Oakhurst North, Stonebridge (although it is probably the most expensive neighborhood in Aurora) Harris Farms. All are very nice family oriented neighborhoods. Oakhurst, oakhurst north and Stonebridge all have their own elementary schools like conerstone lakes does. One area i would avoid down there would be the georgetown subdivision, it used to be nice but is going downhill.

Overall though i would recommend Conerstone Lakes as your best choice, it is a very nice neighborhood with great schools and St Charles is a great community ( I know conerstone is in west chicago but no one considers it that way everyone just considers it st charles because its in st charles schools and library districts and is so far away from any other part of west chicago). Conserstone Lakes actually has a very rural feel with everything right by, the mall is just outside the entrance. There is much less traffic in st charles then aurora too. Aurora is incredibly congested now. I hope all of this helps.. if you have any other questions let me know.. i know alot about both areas having lived in both
What is Georgtown actually streetwise? I agree the area just past white eagle on Montgomery is sorta sketchy, I suppose sketchy isn't even the right word just people don't really take care of their yards, garbage in yards, on the streets, etc, maybe some car breakins and vandalism but not really dangerous. I'd say the same about the area off Ogden and Middlebury or Foxhill.

I don't think those areas will ever be bad bad though, it's too close to White Eagle and other nice neighborhoods, those people won't allow it to happen. In terms of affordable across the street from White Eagle there's a neighborhodo that's nice, in Naperville school dist, etc as well as soem houses across from Jays liquor and East China inn over there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs