U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 08:20 PM

206 posts, read 987,484 times

Advertisements

Or is Evanston a place mostly for families?

How long/easy is the commute into Chicago? Is it a good idea for a young single girl to be living in Evanston?

Thanks a lot.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 08:54 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,300,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheregirl View Post

How long/easy is the commute into Chicago? Is it a good idea for a young single girl to be living in Evanston?

Thanks a lot.

You will never have as much fun living in Evanston as you will in the city somewhere, and costs are just as crushing in nearby Evanston as they are closer to the city.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:42 PM

11,973 posts, read 28,688,353 times
Quote:

Thanks a lot.
Evanston actually has quite a bit to do for a younger person, but you'd have more fun further down the lakefront. But if there's some compelling reason for you to be in Evanston, it probably offers more action than just about any other Chicago suburb.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:41 AM

355 posts, read 741,286 times
Lots to do in Evanston for young people! There's bum rolling on Friday nights, calling in Frat parties to get busted on weekends, and pepper spray distance shooting contests just about every night, and so much more!

Old 02-11-2009, 01:43 PM

296 posts, read 1,010,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chummy Waters View Post
Lots to do in Evanston for young people! There's bum rolling on Friday nights, calling in Frat parties to get busted on weekends, and pepper spray distance shooting contests just about every night, and so much more!
Is this what is meant by the term "Troll"? This guy keeps putting his only-funny-to-him sarcasm on every post.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:23 PM

5,862 posts, read 11,380,916 times
Depends on what you're lifestyle is and what you are into.

Personally for me, I love Evanston. That and Oak Park and a few other places are my favorite parts of Chicagoland.

If you value and are looking for friends that are environmentally progressive, value education, and are the type of Farmers Market/anti-corporate/make people-feel bad about not being outdoors, and values trees/greenery!! (like me) than Evanston would be great.

If you are more into flashiness, partying, and living the city-life that people see on TV, and don't care about greenery (other than the parks by the lakefront), and no one but beautiful young people then head down Clark Street or North Avenue.

I'm sorry to stereotype of sound like a troll, but this is just how I feel.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:58 PM

355 posts, read 741,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopyJ View Post
Is this what is meant by the term "Troll"? This guy keeps putting his only-funny-to-him sarcasm on every post.
Jealous Sloopy? Quoting me and then not addressing me directly is rude. I'd appreciate it if you'd refrain from rudeness. Remember the TOS.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:16 PM

1,083 posts, read 3,387,718 times
It would really depend on your personality & interests.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:44 PM

206 posts, read 987,484 times
Thank you. I love the greenery, trees and quietness. I also have lots of artistic interests. I am just wondering whether there are enough creative young single people in Evanston. I don't care about flashy parties, but I do like to have the presence of like-minded single young people.

Thanks.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:08 PM

1,083 posts, read 3,387,718 times
Quote:
Thank you. I love the greenery, trees and quietness. I also have lots of artistic interests. I am just wondering whether there are enough creative young single people in Evanston. I don't care about flashy parties, but I do like to have the presence of like-minded single young people.

Thanks.

If you like the cultural activites then yes, you'll like Evanston. Now, if the law school & medical school were in Evanston, there would be even more twentysomethings running around. sadly, those campuses are downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs