Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2009, 10:17 PM

112 posts, read 403,638 times

Advertisements

I am a Chicago fan. I lived in the city in 91 with my two large dogs in one of only two high rises in the city that allowed them.

If my wife and I move to Chicago this time, it will be for much less money than I was making in the early nineties so i doubt I'd find in an apartment or condo downtown what I have been used to living in since that time.

I need 2500 sq feet or a min. of 2100 sq ft, parking for two cars, and I need somebody who will allow big dogs.

So, I am looking to the burbs and wondering where the best neighborhoods are for the best money. I like old settled neighborhoods better than new subdivisions but at am looking at all possibilities..townhouses, condos, single family homes...and in the case of the single family home, prefer a good sized yard and a small town or country feel.

My price range is 200-265. No kids here soI don't care about schools but I like parks, nature and safe. Someplace accessible to the train would be good too as my wife will be working in the city.

THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 08:57 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,487,236 times
Default Homewood/Floosmoor

If you like lots of tree lined streets and older homes that are still well kept and the area is well patrolled by the police, then look around Homewood and Floosmoor. There are even a couple of areas in East Hazelcrest that are pretty nice. With your price range you can get yourself a really nice house that may need a little work, but nothing too major, unlike in the northern burbs where $265K will get you a condo and maybe at best some nasty ass 70's townhome with avacado bathtubs and toilets oh and lets not leave out the brown or gold little tile with the weird shapes and designs on it. What were people thinking back then?! BARRRFFF!

Here's some listings.

http://www.homes.com/Content/Listing...EWOOD&State=IL

http://www.homes.com/Content/Listing...MS=&MINPRICE=1

http://www.homes.com/Content/Listing...&ZipCode=60429

Old 02-19-2009, 10:12 PM

15,585 posts, read 27,435,597 times
The Best Bang in the burbs can be found in a small house off of Lake St. in DuPage County.

They leave the light on for ya.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs