Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 10:05 AM

288 posts, read 851,389 times

Advertisements

Let's see what kind of society you can create where education, health care, law enforcement and infrastructure maintenance are all run by unregulated for-profit corporations only, where the market will solve all problems.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:08 AM

5,525 posts, read 13,944,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
I don't think the "west side trash" you speak of is really welcomed by many in Oak Park. But unfortunately, building a wall with armed checkpoints isn't really an option. And the cul-de-sacs and six-inch curbs only do so much...
What might be somewhat more effective would be reinstating the laws and social attitudes of Jim Crow South, you know with unrestrained, unrestricted law enforcement, disenfranchisement, and the occasional lynchings. I would find this morally repugnant, however, but maybe there's a few people here who would disagree.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:17 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by promis1 View Post
Oak Park liberals are just in denial that their sweet little town is in trouble with crime- some very serious and dangerous crime. That master liberal plan of being the model integrated town might just be backfiring. Whats that old saying, if its not broke, then dont fix it. Should have not pushed such a liberal agenda in this town- should have stayed firm and let people know that crime is not o.k. Instead, their liberal white guilt came into play- where they would rationalize this by stating that the criminal is often times the victim. Twisted way of thinking may lead ultimately to this towns demise.
I find it quite humorous that your posts are now being backed up by statistics. of course, many free wielding liberals don't believe in statistics. At least they're some form of measurement to go by. I am not a liberal or a conservative. but there is nothing i detest more than a femmy "man" wearing black framed glasses carrying himself in a pompous manner with a ridiculous form of facial hair. It's like they don't have one ounce of testosterone in their bodies and think the entire world revolves in their head as the soul is of no concern. RANT OVER. back on topic.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:24 AM

5,525 posts, read 13,944,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
I am not a liberal or a conservative. but there is nothing i detest more than a femmy "man" wearing black framed glasses carrying himself in a pompous manner with a ridiculous form of facial hair. It's like they don't have one ounce of testosterone in their bodies and think the entire world revolves in their head as the soul is of no concern. RANT OVER. back on topic.
?????????

I'm not a conservative, but I HATE olives and brussel sprouts. Oh, also not a big fan of cauliflower. But fresh broccoli is pretty awesome. Especially when its steamed but still crispy. Yummy. RANT OVER.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:34 AM

You hate brussel sprouts too? I thought I was the only one...BACK ON TOPIC.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:53 AM

11,975 posts, read 31,779,208 times
Quote:
I find it quite humorous that your posts are now being backed up by statistics. of course, many free wielding liberals don't believe in statistics.
One liberal suburb on the verge of a massive ghetto is having a spike in one form of crime, and this is backing up his views that liberal cities have crime issues? What about places like Madison, WI or the cities of the Northwest and Northern California which have very low crime and are among the most liberal places on earth? The safest large cities in the U.S. are all very liberal places (as are the most dangerous ones). Being conservative or liberal has very little effect on crime rates. It's more about demographics.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:56 AM

15 posts, read 46,202 times
Quote:
The criminals need to stop robbing people too.

I personally am waiting to holster a sidearm after our conceal carry legislation gets passed. Anyone remember that Charles Bronson was a disgruntled architect on Death Wish? Architects are bad ass.

YouTube - Charles Bronson vs. Muggers

happy to say I watched all the 3 movie sequels or whatever...actually I hate to say but it was not bad watching him taking matters in to his own hand...no offense..

Old 03-04-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
One liberal suburb on the verge of a massive ghetto is having a spike in one form of crime, and this is backing up his views that liberal cities have crime issues? What about places like Madison, WI or the cities of the Northwest and Northern California which have very low crime and are among the most liberal places on earth? The safest large cities in the U.S. are all very liberal places (as are the most dangerous ones). Being conservative or liberal has very little effect on crime rates. It's more about demographics.
The suburbs of chicago can not be compared to these with these other places because in most parts of the world Northern California would be another country in comparison with Chicago and its' neighboring towns due to its' proximity or lack there of. Think of all the different accents within America, herself. i don't think you can compare the types of people in the bay area to new york city or any other place. They're two different breeds based upon the environment in which they were both brought up in and the environment in which they live in today. And as for Madison, it is a college town. Similar to how Oxford is the most liberal town in the very conservative state of Mississippi. College towns tend to be that way as the youth are often filled with a large amount of ideals opposed to experience. Demographics are an important key but the environment is a bigger one.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
The suburbs of chicago can not be compared to these with these other places because in most parts of the world Northern California would be another country in comparison with Chicago and its' neighboring towns due to its' proximity or lack there of. Think of all the different accents within America, herself. i don't think you can compare the types of people in the bay area to new york city or any other place. They're two different breeds based upon the environment in which they were both brought up in and the environment in which they live in today. And as for Madison, it is a college town. Similar to how Oxford is the most liberal town in the very conservative state of Mississippi. College towns tend to be that way as the youth are often filled with a large amount of ideals opposed to experience. Demographics are an important key but the environment is a bigger one.
You're not making a convincing argument here. Sorry. You have absolutely nothing to back up your argument other than one liberal suburb (Oak Park) which has crime problems largely due to the fact that it is next to a very violent neighborhood. That's all you've got.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikekilo View Post
happy to say I watched all the 3 movie sequels or whatever...actually I hate to say but it was not bad watching him taking matters in to his own hand...no offense..
I love watching him shoot those muggers. The #$%#$%s had it coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs