Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2009, 05:38 PM

2 posts, read 8,004 times

Advertisements

Cassie was at the vet clinic in Morton Grove and she escaped and headed west on Waukegan and south of Golf roads on Thursday morning 4/2/09.

Cassie is quite cute and unique looking with red longish hair with black swirls in it. Cassie has a face that resembles a Cocker Spaniel. She is about knee high at 20lbs and I am offering a reward for her return.

This story is so sad because Cassie was dumped by a cruel person and was nearly starved to death when I rescued her only a few weeks ago. Cassie is timid but friendly. Adopt A Pet offered to help find Cassie a forever home so we made arrangements to drop Cassie off at the vet clinic where Cassie would recieve follow up vet care and where Adopt A Pet could pick her up but before that happend the vet clinic lost her.

This is so heartbreaking because she is now lost and left to starve a second time in her short little life. Cassie isn't tagged or micro chipped.
Cassie escaped through the back door of the animal hospital and is now missing, lost, scared and hungry so you can understand why we are absolutely devasted and I personally am basically non functional and hysterical. We need all of the help we can get with locating Cassie

A nice man fed Cassie on the corner of National and Church streets just west of Waukegan on Thursday night but he couldn't catch her. He mentioned how cold she was because he said she huddled in a corner just shaking. This nice man called the Morton Grove Police Department but due to some misunderstand the police never helped Cassie or this man and then Cassie was gone again.

If you see Cassie please feed her and if possible feed her inside a fenced yard and close the gate. Call me anytime of day or night and then I can call AC to meet me if it's during their hours. I don't want to risk losing her again or another misunderstand so please call the numbers listed below.

Cassie doesn't deserve this fate, please let's find this little girl and show her humans really are good. Please don't chase her, she will run. Thanks for any help at all. I don't know if I can post her pix here, but I can forward anybody her pix if they would like to see her or have a suggestion for us. We have contacted everybody we know, police and animal control and hung flyers and walked the neighborhoods and knocked on doors, but somebody out there knows where she is!

Sherry Klemme 815-471-4490 or 815-682-4484.
Randy 847-529-2287
Pamela 847-331-2425
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 11:12 PM

270 posts, read 1,106,328 times
You can post pix on here... other folks do; I have seen quite a few. The worst, mod might take it down; but worth a try!
Sounds like you are already working with a local rescue. It would help if you let the other area rescues know your dog's descriptions and such. Also put up flyer at vet's office and animal control offices. In 2005, I lost a cat and we canvased our neighborhood and online community with our cat's info. 2 weeks later, a mail delivery lady (who also did cat rescue) from a different route brought our cat back. She found our cat's info through posters and emails sent out through rescue folks. Good luck.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:04 PM

2 posts, read 8,004 times
Thanks for your reply. So far we have done all of above and then some. We have people, me included staking out areas late at night until morning hours and driving, walking and biking dusk and dawn. We had a dog that has done trace work before come to the area from IN and help search. I signed up findtoto.com and notified 2500 hundred people with their paid service and we have contacted other rescues via email, hard copy fliers and all of that has also been done at area vet clinics. We continue to get sightings even on East Sunday but I haven't seen her yet Thank you for keeping your eyes open. How do I post pix on here..??? Thanks, Sherry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs