Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 10:13 AM

15 posts, read 239,503 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are thinking of moving to Oak Lawn, Illinois and buying a mobile home there.

I am wondering if anybody knows anything about the mobile home park in Oak Lawn or about Oak Lawn in general. Thanks for any information that you can give me.
Nancy Davidson
Des Plaines, Illinois
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2006, 07:26 AM

9 posts, read 54,013 times
Oak Lawn is a nice area. Here is a link to the city data on it, and they also have a new Oak Lawn forum board as well: http://www.city-data.com/city/Oak-Lawn-Illinois.html. Good Luck!

Old 02-16-2006, 07:51 PM

Wink Re: Oaklawn

Hi

Thanks for the information. Just tried the link to Oak Lawn forum; and, it doesn't work. Is there another link that I can use?

My husband and I plan on traveling to Oak Lawn in the spring to check out the mobile home park there. Is there a lot of shopping there?

Nancy Davidson
Des Plaines, Illinois

Old 02-17-2006, 07:24 AM

9 posts, read 54,013 times
Hi Nancy,

The link should work. When it dropped into the post, for some reason it was converted and the [url] brackets appeared in it. Just use your mouse with the left button held down and drag it over everything in the link but the URL and brackets at both ends. This will "highlight" the actual link. which is from http: to the end of it at html, and then at the same time, press the control button and the letter C, and then put your cursor in your browser bar and press the control button again with the letter V. This will copy and paste it into the browser bar for you and then hit enter and it should work. I tried the link again doing it this way and it did work. Or you can just type it in from the beginning of http etc.. to the end of it at html. Let me know if it works okay for you. For some reason the reply box is putting the URL quotation into which is making it a non clickable link. Oak Lawn has a couple shopping malls, plus there is nearby shopping in Alsip, Burbank, Palos Heights. Oak Lawn is a very nice area. Alternatively, you could just go to your search function on the internet and just type in Oak Lawn, Illinois and it should bring up a bunch of links to information on Oak Lawn. Hope this helps!

Old 04-18-2006, 07:01 PM

2 posts, read 10,854 times
Default Mobile Homes in Oak Lawn

Ok,, I have lived on the South Side of Chicago my Entire life,, until I got married,, then moved to Roselle for 4 years,,, We recently had a home built in Plainfield area,,,, I do know that the Mobile Homes in Oak Lawn are Horrible,, they look a bit like Trailor Trash,, I would not recommend to live there at all....

Old 04-19-2006, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Mobile Home in Oak Lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by adopting
Ok,, I have lived on the South Side of Chicago my Entire life,, until I got married,, then moved to Roselle for 4 years,,, We recently had a home built in Plainfield area,,,, I do know that the Mobile Homes in Oak Lawn are Horrible,, they look a bit like Trailor Trash,, I would not recommend to live there at all....
Just curious. My husband and I have not looked at the mobile homes in Oak Lawn as of yet. We plan to go there in June.

What is bad about the park and have you been there recently? Like I mentioned before, we live in a mobile home in Des Plaines and would like to move.

Old 04-23-2006, 01:14 AM

32 posts, read 280,434 times
I've lived on the southwest side as well for years and they're not that bad. Oak Lawn is a pretty nice suburb considering it's close proximity to the city. You are near a lot of shopping centers, hospital and expressways. You may want to look in the bridgeview area also, it is a really nice mobile home park on Harlem ave between 87th and 99th st. I've never lived in one but these really caught my eye the residents take pride in the area with nice landscape-beautiful flower gardens in several. It is even closer to the expressway. I hope this help.

Last edited by disappointed; 04-23-2006 at 01:19 AM..

Old 04-27-2006, 09:44 AM

4 posts, read 34,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy davidson
My husband and I are thinking of moving to Oak Lawn, Illinois and buying a mobile home there.

I am wondering if anybody knows anything about the mobile home park in Oak Lawn or about Oak Lawn in general. Thanks for any information that you can give me.
Nancy Davidson
Des Plaines, Illinois
I don't know of any mobile home parks in Oak Lawn.

Old 05-21-2006, 04:35 PM

6 posts, read 92,759 times
There is one mobile home park left in Oak Lawn. It is on Cicero Ave and Southwest Hwy and it is an old one. The others have been shut down. The Guidish Park Mobile Home park at 8800 S Harlem Ave is really nice. They did a lot of re constructing of the park several years ago and, being accross the street from a shopping center is a plus. It is well kept and has restrictive rules as to behavior. I love the area, have 3 kids raising their families there. Getting very crowded in Oak Lawn and all the surrounding burbs!!! Traffic really bad all the time. Very friendly community and well kept neighborhood.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:44 PM

2 posts, read 10,854 times
Default Moving in a Mobile Home in Oak Lawn

As posted before,,The mobile Homes in Oak Lawn are not very spacious and are really close to one an other..
My Parent's bought a Mobile Home in Beecher Il,,55 miles south of O'hare Airport. The Manufactured/Mobile homes there are absolutly beautiful. and the area surrounding this town is so country-like and quiet. If I were to move into a Mobile home I would really consider this area,, Oak Lawn and surrounding areas are infested with the good the bad and the ugly,,and a bit Dirty..
Good Luck with your search,
Please do-not Buy a Mobile-Home In Oak Lawn,,,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs