Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 06:22 PM

98 posts, read 279,102 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a home to rent i have 3 kids all in school I need them in a good school district i was looking at steger but than bloom trail is bad and there not that old yet but thats a bad school.

I would be willing to rent anh area like Steger i want to stay in the area around Matteson Park Forest area but there schools are bad. ive tried the paper,craiglist driving around anyone know where i can get a 3/4 bedroom home in a good school district for my kids and me. we like 4 bedooms or 3 and a family or finshed basement??

Anybody that can help us out thanks maybe mention towns my lives in that area there sick and i want to stay somewhat by them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 05:33 AM

945 posts, read 1,987,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw79 View Post
I'm looking for a home to rent i have 3 kids all in school I need them in a good school district i was looking at steger but than bloom trail is bad and there not that old yet but thats a bad school.

I would be willing to rent anh area like Steger i want to stay in the area around Matteson Park Forest area but there schools are bad. ive tried the paper,craiglist driving around anyone know where i can get a 3/4 bedroom home in a good school district for my kids and me. we like 4 bedooms or 3 and a family or finshed basement??

Anybody that can help us out thanks maybe mention towns my lives in that area there sick and i want to stay somewhat by them.

Is there a particular reason your concentrating on steger? There are a multitude of mostly 3bd homes for rent in your pricerange in many, many suburbs. Look on Realtor.com as even this website is now on the "rental" bandwagon. Many homes that have suffored through this RE mess and not able to sell quickly, have gone on the rental market. Suggestions with excellent schools:

Wheaton (where we live)
Glen Ellyn
St. Charles
Geneva
Downers Grove

Some of these might have more choice than others but I know our comm. has some nice choices.

Good luck.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:40 AM

6 posts, read 18,108 times
If you need to stay around Steger I am not sure, but I live in West Joliet in the Cathedral area and pay around what you are looking for. You might want to check the area out. It is a beautiful area with older homes - many have been completely redone and the neighbors are friendly. Good Luck!

Old 07-03-2009, 07:51 AM

863 posts, read 2,784,370 times
Quote:

The Matteson school district has decent schools. I definitely wouldn't call it "bad".

Old 07-03-2009, 03:37 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,644,916 times
where are you working? the suburbs have an awful large area, and many good school districts.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:12 PM

I work in the homewood area i need something for 1300 and under 3 bedrooms with family or finished basement thanks for the help everyone.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:54 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,339 times
Quote:
I work in the homewood area i need something for 1300 and under 3 bedrooms with family or finished basement thanks for the help everyone.
There are houses for rent through real estate agents in Homewood, I would start there. Best of luck!

Old 07-03-2009, 09:01 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,339 times
Quote:
Also, try these:
Governors Place Apartments
Apartment & Home Rental
2720 Chayes Court Ofc
Homewood, IL 60430

(708)798-8824

Freedom Village
Apartments
935 Maple Avenue Apt 104
Homewood, IL 60430

(708) 648-1449

Old 07-03-2009, 09:10 PM

I need a house thanks for the links though!

Old 07-03-2009, 09:26 PM

The only reason I say Steger is the school is still not all one color compared to matteson etc. homewood would be nice but to get what im looking for 1300 and under be hard. Ive tryed Steger looked at 2 bad houses. What other areas are nice around there seems like its shifted a lot Lynwood was nice at one time but so was was Richton,and Park forest. Seems like tinley is it I can't afford that. Up in the air with a month to decide?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs