Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 10:08 PM
NMT

1 posts, read 1,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerio View Post
Indian Trail Middle School is one of the worst junior highs; I know someone who graduated from there and he says it is a bad school.
Fights, children beginning drugs, and I think there was a pregnancy as well.

The same person also graduated from Addison Trail High School.
Again, a bad school--many pregnancies and some fights and drugs (compared to the suburbs).

Overall, not the best school for the amount of money you'll be paying in the area.
Also, the local private school (Driscoll) has closed down due to lack of funds.
Neighboring Addison Trail bought it out, though.

Mind you, this information isn't old: he graduated high school in 2006.

Down the street from your potential house, off of Addison and Lake (behind the Jewel) is a ghetto.
There have been shootings there.

Yes, you can raise a family in the town, but don't expect your child's education to be commendable, frankly.

I recommend moving to Schaumburg, or any town bordering it.
I went to the Schaumburg Township schools, and I know there are many other Indian people in the area.
Better schools, and, depending on what kind of house, 450,000 is sufficient enough (Elk Grove is cheaper than Schaumburg, for the most part).

Who is your source that ATHS bought Driscoll?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 03:06 PM

8 posts, read 30,189 times
Be careful with the Schaumburg schools. I am moving out in the next few months because of what some of the schools have become. The Asian / Indian population that is in the area is starting to drop because of this. Just do your research by more than internet numbers. Drive the areas very carefully, I have found a number of very suprising things.

14 years ago I looked in a nice part of Streamwood and during the day it was beautiful. On a Saturday night at 1AM it was a nightmare. Needless to say I came up with another 20K and Moved to Hoffman Estates.

Elk Grove I think is still a decent school and there is good homes in the area.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:49 AM

216 posts, read 722,565 times
Try looking in Elmhurst. There are some great buys in your price range now. If you want more diversity, especially Indian population, North of I-290 is where you want to look. This is also a quick shot down Lake St. Pace bus on York takes you right to train.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs