Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 10:28 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,259,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucyjack View Post
La Tasca is a bit pricey and small. There is nothing worth it downtown AH, but down the street from la Tasca is The Wellington which is awesome. You wont go home still being hungry like La Tasca.
The AH downtown ares is filled with places that are trying to cater to a small group of yuppies who live in the high rise condos and pay a million dollars for 1 bedrooms. That's why ever business in downtown AH is either broke or close to going broke and will close soon. Peggy Kinneans is an Irish bar/rest that is so overpriced its nto even funny. Bottom line is they are horrible. But even with their high prices they are set to close pretty soon. La Tasca's owner owns his whole building so they are always going to stay there. Other than that you have California Pizza kitchen (chain) Starbucks (chain). Family run business in AH are GONE. And have been gone since they gave the downtown area a face lift. The downtown area used to be so nice, now its horrible.
What about Fuego or Regina's? They're not chains. Francesca's Tavoli and Egg Harbor are local Chiago area chains with about 6 locations. The quality is a notch above typical "chains". I do agree we could use some good non-chain restaurants especially along the Rand/Palatine/Arlington Heights Rd corridor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 11:14 PM

15 posts, read 89,726 times
Default Veterinarian

If you're willing to go to Schaumburg I highly recommend Dr. Amanda Haase at Gulf Rose Animal Hospital. My 18 year old cat had a mass on her side, another vet I took her to wouldn't remove it or even biopsy it because of her age. He just poked it with his finger saying it was probably just a cyst, despite the fact that it had increased in size in a short time. When it kept growing I searched for a new vet. Dr. Haase was highly recommended to me by a coworker of my husband. Dr Haase removed the mass which turned out to be malignant. Kitty recovered great from the surgery & thankfully for now no new masses. Throughout the entire process I really felt Dr. Haase was most interested in what was best for the cat, not being overly agressive nor treating the cat like she was not worth treating just because of her age.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:12 AM

286 posts, read 1,366,756 times
Gin Gin - thank you for the recommendation!

Old 09-14-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
Oil change and mechanical: go to Wheeling Auto, on HIntz between Schoenbeck and WIndsor/Buffalo Grove. Free loaners, honest service writers, pleasant waiting room. Call first Wheeling Auto Center (Arlington Heights,IL)

Restaurants: Not fancy, not dumpy just very tasty: My Thai on Dundee just east of Buffalo Grove in WHeeling. Downtown AH: Regina's for Italian and there is also a good Mexican restaurant that is nicer than usual Fuego's.

Our cat goes to Care Animal Hospital so I don't have any tips there.
Welcome to the neighborhood. Have you had a chance to stroll around Lake Arlington yet?
OOPS! It is I AM SIAM and it is delicious.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:50 PM

Cubsfan - we'll have to check that place out too! I checked out the auto mech... too bad he is only M-F. I can't seem to find a schedule when I can take my truck in! Oh well... thanks anyway!

Old 09-16-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusibius2 View Post
Cubsfan - we'll have to check that place out too! I checked out the auto mech... too bad he is only M-F. I can't seem to find a schedule when I can take my truck in! Oh well... thanks anyway!
Did you ask about a free loaner? They have them.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:33 AM

Yeah, we talked about that on the phone. Their hours and my work hours just don't coincide enough or allow me to make it back and forth in time. Not for simple maintenance work. Will definitely keep them in mind for larger repairs though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs