Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 04:21 PM

694 posts, read 2,015,838 times

Advertisements

a donation to todd stroger?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 04:43 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,688,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoe View Post
@JustJulia

Yes, I have been to that link last week. Then went to Rolling Meadows facility and they told me to wait three months.
Wow, that's awful! Good luck.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:34 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,521,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoe View Post
@JustJulia

Yes, I have been to that link last week. Then went to Rolling Meadows facility and they told me to wait three months.

There is a note on the website that says "*Please note that some requests made at suburban locations may not be ready the same day."

Have you tried going downtown; writing the email address on the site? Whenever I went downtown I always got them after waiting a short time the same day. That is what the note I quoted refers to; I believe. Call the phone number tomorrow morning and it may give you additional information or allow you to speak to a live person.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:49 PM

27 posts, read 121,406 times
So far I have eliminated most of the options. The brick and mortar cook county facilities will not give me a BC for at least 90 days. They will not even allow me to submit an application in person.

I called vital check and they also told me to wait 90 days.

I called three currency exchanges in my area and they told me the same thing.

I found another number from searching internet which belongs to some office in 50 W Washington building and I called probably 5 times in the "working" hours just today and nobody picked up. And oh voice mail box is full. So I am going to take a day off from work and drive to downtown just to see if I can get this piece of paper.

@lakecountylifer
yeah that seems to be the sure shot way. I have been to some countries that are really corrupt. But the good thing about them is that, you grease some hands and you can get stuff done. So at least there is a way. In this case there seems to nothing that I can do but bite the pillow and take it.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:31 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,521,264 times
If you drive downtown you are going to pay a hefty fee to park your car. Just want to make sure you understand that. It maybe that you are facing a brick wall only because of the time it takes to receive them from the hospitals and record them. If that is the case you are going to have to find another way around this. Do you have a relative in HK that can contact the US Embassy there? Maybe the tags you and the baby wore in the hospital might be sufficient but I don't know who to tell you to ask about that. Again maybe the US Embassy can be of help somehow.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:42 PM

@myrc60
I just realized that about parking. Thank you. Privatization and all. So I guess I will take a blue line to Washington.

I have few friends in HK. But I would want to make sure that I have everything I need before I leave this country. It is frustrating getting these things done living right here. I can just imagine what it would be like to be stuck in a foreign country in a different time zone trying to convince bureaucrats to give me an official piece of paper over the phone. That nightmare I can live without.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:08 AM

270 posts, read 1,109,742 times
To HK, not only you would need a passport, you would also need a visa. Make sure you have that done for all who traveling with you.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:51 AM

Yes I understand that and the first step to get a visa to is to get a BC.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:55 AM

610 posts, read 2,728,688 times
When you had your baby at the hospital did you fill out the paperwork there for the certificate? I would think you could go to the hospital where the child was born and they might be able to assist you. I filled out everything at the hospital and the official certificate was mailed to me in 30 days after it was registered with the county. Good luck to you.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:46 AM

Yes I did that paperwork at the hospital. I also applied for SSN for my baby. So are you saying, I will get a BC in mail and I don't have to actually do anything? That would be great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs