U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 01-02-2011, 12:49 AM
 
Location: South Chicagoland
4,050 posts, read 4,415,062 times
Reputation: 1808

Advertisements

Oh wait. Disregard that post.

 
Old 01-02-2011, 12:50 AM
 
Location: Chicago, Illinois
3,020 posts, read 5,988,540 times
Reputation: 1311
I wouldn't move to South Holland. I have worked in south holland in multiple fields, both blue collar and white collar. It's a ghetto town. It just is...
 
Old 01-02-2011, 12:53 AM
 
Location: South Chicagoland
4,050 posts, read 4,415,062 times
Reputation: 1808
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
I wouldn't move to South Holland. I have worked in south holland in multiple fields, both blue collar and white collar. It's a ghetto town. It just is...
Isn't ghetto and white collar an oxymoron?
 
Old 01-02-2011, 12:55 AM
 
Location: Chicago, Illinois
3,020 posts, read 5,988,540 times
Reputation: 1311
It depends on your definition of white collar. To me, white collar is a position that requires a degree from a university. South Holland, and even Harvey, are both home to many business parks with white collar jobs. Let alone, white collar being something involved in the educational field. Remember, just because someone works there certainly does not mean that they live there! A place can be home to the ghetto but provide employment for those not of the ghetto.
 
Old 01-02-2011, 06:56 AM
 
829 posts, read 1,158,084 times
Reputation: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
I wouldn't move to South Holland. I have worked in south holland in multiple fields, both blue collar and white collar. It's a ghetto town. It just is...

Enough with the bigoted and racist comments.


A Ghetto is a section of a city, esp. a thickly populated slum area, inhabited predominantly by members of an ethnic or other minority group, often as a result of social or economic restrictions, pressures, or hardships.

Last edited by allen2323; 01-02-2011 at 07:31 AM..
 
Old 01-02-2011, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Chicago, Illinois
3,020 posts, read 5,988,540 times
Reputation: 1311
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen2323 View Post
Enough with the bigoted and racist comments.


A Ghetto is a section of a city, esp. a thickly populated slum area, inhabited predominantly by members of an ethnic or other minority group, often as a result of social or economic restrictions, pressures, or hardships.
haha, you're just trying to use the race card wherever you can. And the funny thing is, nobody brought up race but you! that IS pathetic. South Holland is ghetto compared to most towns in Chicagoland. But it is the norm in the south cook county burbs.
 
Old 01-02-2011, 12:45 PM
 
Location: Near Chicago
3,108 posts, read 4,984,871 times
Reputation: 1473
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
I wouldn't move to South Holland. I have worked in south holland in multiple fields, both blue collar and white collar. It's a ghetto town. It just is...
OH Please!! South Holland doesn't even sell liquor and probably never will because of its religious laws that were installed when the Dutch dominated.
 
Old 01-02-2011, 02:07 PM
 
829 posts, read 1,158,084 times
Reputation: 281
Not to mention there isn't one apartment building in South Holland. 90.3 percent of housing in South Holland is owner occupied. South Holland has a family poverty rate of 5.8 percent according to the most recent 2009 American Community US census survey. Much lower than the state average of 9.1 percent meaning not many families on welfare in south holland. Around 35 percent of south holland elementary age residents attend private school. That's some golden ghetto man.



A Ghetto is a section of a city, esp. a thickly populated slum area, inhabited predominantly by members of an ethnic or other minority group, often as a result of social or economic restrictions, pressures, or hardships.

Last edited by allen2323; 01-02-2011 at 02:19 PM..
 
Old 01-02-2011, 05:30 PM
 
Location: Chicago
4,094 posts, read 1,297,037 times
Reputation: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen2323 View Post
Enough with the bigoted and racist comments

Whhaaaaa?
 
Old 01-03-2011, 01:20 AM
 
Location: Chicago, Illinois
3,020 posts, read 5,988,540 times
Reputation: 1311
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen2323 View Post
Not to mention there isn't one apartment building in South Holland. 90.3 percent of housing in South Holland is owner occupied. South Holland has a family poverty rate of 5.8 percent according to the most recent 2009 American Community US census survey. Much lower than the state average of 9.1 percent meaning not many families on welfare in south holland. Around 35 percent of south holland elementary age residents attend private school. That's some golden ghetto man.



A Ghetto is a section of a city, esp. a thickly populated slum area, inhabited predominantly by members of an ethnic or other minority group, often as a result of social or economic restrictions, pressures, or hardships.
The schools are failing just look at the reading and math scores at greatschools.com. Anyone can't paint a pretty picture but people who want nice homes, neighbors, schools, etc. will not raise any children in South Holland. Maybe if it was 30 years ago! Like nearly all south cook county burbs, South Holland flipped for the worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top