Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2009, 08:59 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,749,340 times

Advertisements

OK - what's more worrying? The shot, the flu, or the clinic locations.

http://www.cookcountypublichealth.or...%20%202009.pdf

I did manage to get my one son a vaccine at the Harvey Clniic - that was fine, BTW, but lots of contruction at the intersection.

Can Cook County residents go to the city college sites, or do we have to go to the county clinic locations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 09:11 AM

947 posts, read 2,422,558 times
My three grandchildren, aged 10, 4 and 3 all had swine flu last week-(confirmed.) It was actually much milder than we thought it was going to be. They live in an apt. we built for my daughter's family downstairs from us, and none of the adults have caught it.
Unless you or family members are in a high risk group, I would give some thought to getting the vaccine.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:18 AM

I'd like to keep this thread about local availablility, not the merits of the vaccine itself. THere are plenty of other threads on that subject.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:00 AM

947 posts, read 2,422,558 times
Sorry, you did ask what was more worrying, the shot, the flu or clinic locations.
I must have misunderstood.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaloneJill View Post
Sorry, you did ask what was more worrying, the shot, the flu or clinic locations.
I must have misunderstood.
The implication was meant to be... could the locations you need to go to get the vaccine be any worse? Not only is it NOT available at most doctor's offices or retail clinics (like CVS) but in Cook County they are distributing it through waht I GUESS is their clinic / satellite locations, which are understandably located near the underserved, but for crying out loud - it really makes a lot of people on the fence about the vaccine in the first place think twice about going to get it. From a public health perspective it is a disincentive to participate if you have to go to Robbins or Ford Heights or Cicero. (I won't speak for Palatine, I'm not familiar.) Is this a problem county-wide, or are more places starting to get vaccine? Or is this a south side problem only?

Old 11-13-2009, 10:35 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,600,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdc3217 View Post
...Can Cook County residents go to the city college sites...?

Well according to the city it seems to be no unless you live in the city:

"If you are a Chicago resident and do not have a provider (or your provider does not have H1N1 vaccine), CDPH is holding walk-in H1N1 vaccination clinics where high-risk* citizens can be vaccinated at no charge. The clinics will be held every Saturday from 9 am to 2 pm and every Tuesday and Thursday from 3 pm to 8 pm at 6 Chicago City Colleges, as well as at Malcolm X City College on Saturdays only. City clinics will start October 24, 2009 and run until at least November 19, 2009. Please see the attached schedule for locations and exact dates for walk-in vaccination clinics."

City of Chicago - Information about Pandemic H1N1 Vaccination
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs