Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2007, 12:46 AM

2 posts, read 7,965 times

Advertisements

Hi all-
Please help!
We're moving in 6 weeks and still don't have an apartment (lord help us).

Situation:
I'll be working downtown Chi, husband will commute 3-5 days to Normal. Have two preschoolers and a mother-in-law! Therefore, we need a 3 bedroom/2 bath apt (or house rental) and are looking into downers grove/westmont because of the Chesterbrook Academy program nearby. Mom will need to look for a social work position near where we live.

ANy experience living in Downer's grove or Westmont? Are there any bad areas?

I'm figuring my Metra commute into downton (near rush unversity) to be about 30 minutes. Is that realistic? Will I have to switch trains?

ANy experience finding 3 bed/2bath aparts in these areas? What is a realistic price range? I'm seeing 995-1600+/month for 3 bedroom apts. Is there anything I should look out for? How common is it that utilities are paid? Are there any "hidden fees" with apartment renting in this area? Is parking a problem?

We;re willing to consider some other places but want to be fairly close to school (chesterbrook) and Metra line.

ANy experience with Chesterbrook academy? are there cheaper but decent quality preschools out there? Willing to consider church-based programs, but not having much luck finding them online. One kid is 4, the other is 8 months.

Is it realistic to think my mom can find work nearby? Jobs would be something like counselor for spouse abuse shelter/women's center/etc. She has many years exp and exc refs.

If anyone out there can help me, it will be a miracle!

Marie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs