U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-20-2009, 11:50 AM
 
Location: Suburbs of Chicago
1,070 posts, read 2,504,250 times
Reputation: 261

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Why is that?
Maybe it's because you're white, and towns like Tinley Park are FTW in your mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-20-2009, 12:01 PM
 
Location: Chicago
15,587 posts, read 22,390,380 times
Reputation: 1761
Quote:
Originally Posted by deechee View Post
Maybe it's because you're white, and towns like Tinley Park are FTW in your mind.
I have been called a cracker and worse in many black areas. I have narrowly escaped bodily harm by blacks that threatened me on the basis of race many times. Your point is what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 12:07 PM
 
17 posts, read 42,156 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Quote:
Tinley Park Woman Amal Abusumayah Says She Was Hate-Crime Victim - cbs2chicago.com (http://cbs2chicago.com/local/hate.crime.Amal.2.1311605.html - broken link)
(http://cbs2chicago.com/local/hate.crime.Amal.2.1311605.html - broken link)Woman pulls Muslim woman's scarf, charged with hate crime - Democracy Forums
(http://cbs2chicago.com/local/hate.crime.Amal.2.1311605.html - broken link)Tinley Park police investigate alleged hate crime - Chicago Breaking News (http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/11/tinley-park-police-investigate-alleged-hate-crime.html - broken link)
(http://cbs2chicago.com/local/hate.crime.Amal.2.1311605.html - broken link)Police: Woman charged for Tinley Park hate crime :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Metro & Tri-State (http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1890813,kenney-tinley-park-hate-crime-111809.article - broken link)
(http://cbs2chicago.com/local/hate.crime.Amal.2.1311605.html - broken link)Hate crimes against Muslims hit ‚€˜Midwest Americana‚€™ in Tinley Park
(http://cbs2chicago.com/local/hate.crime.Amal.2.1311605.html - broken link)Tinley woman assaulted at grocery store :: The SouthtownStar :: Tinley Park :: Orland Hills (http://www.southtownstar.com/neighborhoodstar/tinleypark/1883211,111509hatecrime.article - broken link)


Sounds more like a nut job then a racist.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 12:24 PM
 
1,464 posts, read 4,847,748 times
Reputation: 407
It blows my mind. Out of everywhere in the country and TP gets number 1? Wow. Says alot about the rest of the country. Sure TP is nice and a great place to live, but it's number 1? Had no idea. Just sure wish they would do something with their 1950s garbage @ss roads we all get to drive on which barely even move because of how under capacity they all are. Orland Park, I'm also looking in your direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 12:24 PM
 
108 posts, read 343,201 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
I have been called a cracker and worse in many black areas. I have narrowly escaped bodily harm by blacks that threatened me on the basis of race many times. Your point is what?

I don't understand where being black came from...
the article is about an arab woman, not a black woman....
so i think deechee may have just proven his/her point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 12:33 PM
 
Location: Suburbs of Chicago
1,070 posts, read 2,504,250 times
Reputation: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
I have been called a cracker and worse in many black areas. I have narrowly escaped bodily harm by blacks that threatened me on the basis of race many times. Your point is what?
Who is talking about black people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazman23 View Post

Sounds more like a nut job then a racist.........
Oh, yes. I think she may have been in the habit of doing things like this before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
It blows my mind. Out of everywhere in the country and TP gets number 1? Wow. Says alot about the rest of the country. Sure TP is nice and a great place to live, but it's number 1? Had no idea. Just sure wish they would do something with their 1950s garbage @ss roads we all get to drive on which barely even move because of how under capacity they all are. Orland Park, I'm also looking in your direction.
I actually find driving in Tinley Park to be a breeze compared to its twin. 175th street, Oak Park Ave and Flossmoor Rd./191st street are nothing, and I enjoy driving down the curved road of 175th. It makes my car feel kinda sporty haha lol. I am reminded of reality when I see the car seat in the back lol

I agree with it being number 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolve View Post
I don't understand where being black came from...
the article is about an arab woman, not a black woman....
so i think deechee may have just proven his/her point
I certainly did not mention anything about black people. Now what's interesting is that Avengerfire does not know what race I am...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 12:37 PM
 
Location: Chicago
15,587 posts, read 22,390,380 times
Reputation: 1761
Quote:
Originally Posted by deechee View Post
Who is talking about black people?...

I certainly did not mention anything about black people. Now what's interesting is that Avengerfire does not know what race I am...
You brought up skin color first honey:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deechee View Post
Maybe it's because you're white, and towns like Tinley Park are FTW in your mind.
Well it has been safe to assume you are at least part black considering your reading choices (as well as many other past posts) and the fact that you stated that you are at least part black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deechee View Post
I still subscribe and/or read:

-The Southtown Star
-The Chicago Tribune
-The Defender
-The Chicago Sun Times
-The Chicago Reader
-La Raza
-N'Digo

...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
N'Digo? Its worth the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deechee View Post
Thanks for the compliment. I mean, it's only part of my heritage.

Nothing wrong with being black or part black of course. But lying for the sake of trying to gain leverage in this argument is despicable.

Last edited by Avengerfire; 11-20-2009 at 12:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 12:43 PM
 
1,156 posts, read 3,229,798 times
Reputation: 485
Woo-hoo Tinley Park. Bring it home to the southside and give the rest of us the halo effect.
Does Business Week only deem Chicago suburbs the best place to live? Or is this supposed to be the best place in Chicagoland? Sorry, didn't open the link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 01:01 PM
 
Location: Suburbs of Chicago
1,070 posts, read 2,504,250 times
Reputation: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
You brought up skin color first honey:
Well it has been safe to assume you are at least part black considering your reading choices (as well as many other past posts) and the fact that you stated that you are at least part black.
Nothing wrong with being black or part black of course. But lying for the sake of trying to gain leverage in this argument is despicable.
Yes, I do have some black heritage, which gives me a slightly darker complexion (I guess where that comes from) but I am mostly Native, might I add with some Caucasion in the mix. Not much, but my g-grandfather was a Dutch citizen. He married a Choctaw woman, which resulted in my grandmother.

I don't think it's lying, I think it's being realistic. But I won't bother you about it, I can get a little emotional at times about times (even though I swear I won't/don't)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 01:04 PM
 
Location: Suburbs of Chicago
1,070 posts, read 2,504,250 times
Reputation: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdc3217 View Post
Woo-hoo Tinley Park. Bring it home to the southside and give the rest of us the halo effect.
I know right! There are some largely ignored places down here. I wish people paid more attention to them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top