Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2010, 10:41 PM

37 posts, read 142,971 times

Advertisements

Who has the best prices on mulch, specifically hardwood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 06:58 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,643,687 times
I don't know who has the best prices, but we typically get our mulch delivered by 844-dirt. we always get the premium hardwood mulch. I think the minimum delivery amount is 5 yards.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:59 AM

782 posts, read 3,788,669 times
salinaslandscaping charge $33 a yard for hardwood. Free delivery if 5 yards or more. Schafer greenhouse charge $35 per yard plus est.$35 for delivery.

sgresident how much per yard and what do you think of the quality. Schafer mulch fades after a month of rain fall. Trying Salinas now to see how long the color last.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 25,558 times
Naper Field Landscape charges $35 a yard for the premium plus a $35 delivery. Their double processed hardwood is cheaper i think..like $30. We have used them for two years now and always get our order same day or next day. Mulch is high quality imo.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:29 PM

1 posts, read 24,646 times
I agree. Naper Field Landscape has the best. I had called everyone a few years back, some have low delivery charges and high mulch prices, and some are the opposite. The guys at Naper Field have the best overall deal that I have found. I have used them 4 or 5 times now both at my old house in Plainfield and my new one in Naperville. They have good quality mulch, good prices and deliver right away. I have been getting their premium mulch the last few years. My husband likes that blend the best.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:16 PM

1,096 posts, read 4,525,639 times
I used to work for a landscaping company in bolingbrook and also owned my own company as well.

Don't buy the premium or 5x processed mulches for hardwood. They are super expensive and its so processed that much of it is powder and not mulch or wood.

Don't get me wrong I love the look of it but a 1/4 of your mulch will wash away in the first couple of heavy rains we have

When I was running my own company we used to buy from Naperville Mulch near Ferry and I wanna say maybe Diehl. We obviously got a contractor discount but it was really cheap even for the public.

There's another place I used on occasion near Wolf Rd and Rt 30 right on the corner by the school and baseball fields

Old 03-23-2011, 05:24 AM

759 posts, read 3,143,434 times
How is the rubber mulch? I know it is more expensive, but I've heard that the color doesn't fade.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:41 PM

3,339 posts, read 9,347,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfr69 View Post
I used to work for a landscaping company in bolingbrook and also owned my own company as well.

Don't buy the premium or 5x processed mulches for hardwood. They are super expensive and its so processed that much of it is powder and not mulch or wood.

Don't get me wrong I love the look of it but a 1/4 of your mulch will wash away in the first couple of heavy rains we have

When I was running my own company we used to buy from Naperville Mulch near Ferry and I wanna say maybe Diehl. We obviously got a contractor discount but it was really cheap even for the public.

There's another place I used on occasion near Wolf Rd and Rt 30 right on the corner by the school and baseball fields

You are absolutely correct -- and this comes from someone who has a personalized license plate that reads MULCH. We are in Kansas now, on three acres outside KC, and we have developed the whole property. That means we buy mulch by the truckload, 14 yards at a time. The double ground premium stuff is terrible. It can even blow around in high winds or wash all over in heavy rains. Get the cheap stuff, but stay away from the dyed Mulch. Mulch is supposed to look natural, so it should BE natural. Red and black look fake, sorry. We buy a single ground nice looking mulch for $19 a yard, with a $50 delivery fee. The fancy stuff is $35 a yard here.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:24 AM

1 posts, read 22,347 times
I use them too. Naper Field delivered 6 yards to my house in Naperville on Monday. Very Good experience. When I called, I wasn't sure how much mulch I needed, the guy that answered gave me a ton of info on how much a yard would cover. I must have spent 10 minutes on the phone with him (I'm a little slow , he never seemed rushed. The truck came on time the next day (they said if you call in the morning they can drop it off same day, I called in the afternoon), they asked me where I wanted it dropped off. They dropped it off and the guy swept around the pile to make it look nice an neat!! I commented and he said they do it so it doesn't look sloppy to my neighbors. Great service! I paid $35.00 per yard for the premium and delivery was $45.00. A little higher than some of the other posts for delivery, but with gas prices higher I'm sure they had to up it.

I highly recommend them. I will use them again. In fact 2 of my neighbors asked for their number. The mulch looks great and my husband did a great job installing it! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs