Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2012, 06:03 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,673,096 times

Advertisements

i took this at the observatory but i can't remember what direction i was facing (probably SW or NW). i could have zoomed in too so maybe it's in the distance.

i know this one is straight west but nothing from this one seems to be in the other one.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 10:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,795 times
Default You guys have some great photos here

I am new here and I have some photos of Chicago I want to share, however, I am new to the internet and I am not sure how to do this. A few days ago I got a flyer on my door from someone called nextdoor.com and the only way I could find out what it was is to sign up for the internet. I signed up with att and got on the internet and have no clue what to do. I dont know how to share my pictures here and I never was able to find out what that nextdoor.com flyer was all about.

Please tell me how to put pictures on here. Thank You

Old 09-24-2012, 02:40 PM

2,474 posts, read 4,136,982 times
benca1 - to share pictures on this forum...

1) Click "Post Reply"
2) Click the "INSERT IMAGE" ICON in the menu
3) Enter the full Http:// address of where the photo is stored on the internet.

Now - you ask - where do I get the Http:// address for my picture?

Well, you join/become a member of a photo hosting website, for example Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

I use Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Then when you are a member of Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket you UPLOAD pics to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and they will give you an Http:// address so you can share them on this forum.

Good luck!

Old 09-24-2012, 05:38 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,673,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benca1 View Post
I am new here and I have some photos of Chicago I want to share, however, I am new to the internet and I am not sure how to do this. A few days ago I got a flyer on my door from someone called nextdoor.com and the only way I could find out what it was is to sign up for the internet. I signed up with att and got on the internet and have no clue what to do. I dont know how to share my pictures here and I never was able to find out what that nextdoor.com flyer was all about.

Please tell me how to put pictures on here. Thank You
jwaiter is correct but as i just found out recently, you can post your photos as attachments as well which doesn't require you to upload your photos to a live site - you use ones on your hard drive. you have to click Post Reply (as opposed to using the quick reply box) then click the paper clip icon. it does save space because you initially see only thumbnails but the problem is, you can only upload 1 photo at a time which if you have more than 5, can take quite a while.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:43 AM

5 posts, read 7,166 times
OMG!
i_am_hydrogen, good job!
I'd say, excellent job!!!

Old 09-28-2012, 08:36 PM

467 posts, read 1,884,213 times
Thanks to everyone for the kind comments!

Old 09-28-2012, 09:26 PM

148 posts, read 237,123 times
Default these are gorgeous

south from wolf point south chicago river.

on the way to work...

aqua and aon.

wacker drive.

millenium park corner.

aerials are best show the supertalls.

inside the bean the minds eye of the cloudgate.

imo what should be the new postcard view.

lakeview neighborhood.

another postcard. my fave.

street art lower lakeshore drive by navy pier.

same wall more art.

my attempt at trying to get a nice shot by the south loop by whole foods roosevelt rd.

oh and the chicago symphony orchestra? simply flawlessy sublime. truly a must see for music lovers. chicago is whats good.

Last edited by jpchi60630; 09-28-2012 at 09:45 PM..

Old 09-30-2012, 02:33 PM

355 posts, read 1,043,595 times
How about some Fall foliage around the Chicago area? Maybe Lincoln or Millenium Parks? The Arboretum should be looking beautiful.

Awesome pics by the way. I wish I could give more reputation points than I'm allowed.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:04 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,458,264 times

Old 10-02-2012, 11:57 PM

968 posts, read 2,650,627 times
Adler Planetarium ..Harvest Moon over Lake Michigan through early Fall foliage ..
Attached Thumbnails
Post Your Pictures of Chicago-20120929-img_3989.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago