Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 05:54 PM

269 posts, read 717,091 times

Advertisements

I tried living in a studio when I was in college. Damn near went stir crazy in that small of a space.

I'd either get roommates or live in an inexpensive part of the city...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 08:04 PM

15 posts, read 37,132 times
I think you ought to do your best to find a roommate and go for it! I'm doing the same thing after I graduate soon. If you don't mind sharing some space and living cheaply, I think the experience you'll get since you really want to live in the city will be absolutely worth it. If you're not from around the area, having a roommate will also open doors to meeting people, since you'd probably get pretty bored living alone in a new city if you don't know anyone.

If you're on facebook, look on marketplace. There are always people on there who need a roommate ASAP; people move around so much in Chicago that there are always people there looking for someone to move in to share the rent and utilities with them. I also like that because it doesn't sketch me out as much as craiglist does (had a bad experience with that!) I have a friend who currently lives in Chicago and she told me she used roommates.com for when she first moved there and it brought her a great experience for her first year in the city.

Best of luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: