Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 12:46 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,737,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannheimMadman View Post
Oh man, you're right. I usually just walk in and order. I guess I never look at the receipt.

But yeah, the more I think about it, this part of Albany Park is amazing for middle-eastern food. I frequent Dawali's as well, and it is excellent. For sweets and treats, try Jaffar. I think these ethnic restraunts make Albany Park pretty special in that sense.

Man, now I'm getting hungry!
I'm usually crawling around there really late at night, so it's Baghdad Kabab or George's Grill Kabab for me, both of which are 24-hour. They're both pretty good but George's Grill Kabab is an unrepentant hole in the wall while Baghdad Kabab has a more up-market pretension. Which one I eat at depends on my mood since they're both pretty good and they're priced about the same. Haven't had much chance to try the places open during more conventional hours, but Noon-O Kabab is one of the better-known Middle Eastern restaurants in the city. I believe it's actually George's brother who owns and operates George's Grill Kabab while George now operates George Pita Kebob right around the corner. Kinda small-town-ish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 08:52 AM

38 posts, read 87,506 times
Venture a little farther west to Kimball and try Taco Chino near Kimball and Lawrence sometime. Last time I was there they didn't have the Korean tacos on the menu but you just have to ask - Kimchi, Bulgogi, Korean chicken and beef. Very tasty. Plus all the standards you'd expect at an Albany Park taco shop.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:00 PM

Kimchi tastes like rotten feet. I don't want a rotten feet taco.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:22 PM

2,418 posts, read 6,224,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I'm usually crawling around there really late at night, so it's Baghdad Kabab or George's Grill Kabab for me, both of which are 24-hour. They're both pretty good but George's Grill Kabab is an unrepentant hole in the wall while Baghdad Kabab has a more up-market pretension. Which one I eat at depends on my mood since they're both pretty good and they're priced about the same. Haven't had much chance to try the places open during more conventional hours, but Noon-O Kabab is one of the better-known Middle Eastern restaurants in the city. I believe it's actually George's brother who owns and operates George's Grill Kabab while George now operates George Pita Kebob right around the corner. Kinda small-town-ish.
I had Baghdad kabob last night.

In addition to good food, the waitress/order taking girl had a bangin' body.

Apparently, the kabobs are pretty much standard between George's, Noon-O, and Baghdad. They all look and taste the same to me.

I do like how Baghdad Kabob has the cous-cous/potato thing stuffed with ground beef and other awesome flavors.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannheimMadman View Post
I had Baghdad kabob last night.

In addition to good food, the waitress/order taking girl had a bangin' body.
Was it the dark-haired Russian girl? She's pretty smokin'.

I had to ask her where she's from because her hair/complexion didn't match her accent. I've never seen a Russian girl who looked so Mediterranean.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:19 AM

3,569 posts, read 7,158,607 times
Maybe she lied so you could leave her alone, perv.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:43 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,386,394 times
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post

Old 09-23-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Yo, don't take it out on me because you and your boyfriend are having a spat.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:04 AM

2,418 posts, read 6,224,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Yo, don't take it out on me because you and your boyfriend are having a spat.

lol.

She is very short with a dark complexion and hair. I think she's got a stud nose ring too.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:16 AM

3,569 posts, read 7,158,607 times
That female at salaams is pretty fine too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago