Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 11:15 AM

269 posts, read 717,400 times

Advertisements

Wow, this is right up there with only wanting to live in areas populated by fellow conservatives...

I suggest working at the one in Austin, grave yard shift if possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 12:03 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by igotthis24 View Post
...what are the nicer ones outside of the city or at least ones that are in nice, Caucasian areas ... Not racist just preference.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:50 PM

19 posts, read 84,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagojlo View Post
Bwahahahaha. Funniest question I've seen all week.

Vernon Hills Walmart is in a pretty safe area. The people who shop there are the same people that shop at any Walmart. And by commute I assume you mean drive because there isn't much 'commuting' going on outside of the city that isn't being done in cars. You certainly couldn't get to Walmart in Vernon Hills from the city by public transportation, especially on shift hours.
Yes I would drive, sorry for not clarifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Why don't you work for target instead? There's lots of those in the city -- including plenty where all those wonderful white people live.
Because it's easier to climb the ladder rather than start from the bottom with Target. Also, they have more hoops to jump through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet123 View Post
Wow, this is right up there with only wanting to live in areas populated by fellow conservatives...

I suggest working at the one in Austin, grave yard shift if possible.
Great suggestion, you are very mature. Do you think that I'm the only person that feels this way? Why do you think there is such significant segregation in all aspects of life? Until you know what I know about the significant differences of WM's in specific racial neighborhoods, save your judgment and hop off your high horse.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me out. Really appreciate it!

Old 10-15-2010, 12:58 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by igotthis24 View Post
Until you know what I know about the significant differences of WM's in specific racial neighborhoods...
Such as?

Old 10-15-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
Such as?
This has nothing to do with my post. I don't want a race debate. I asked it the way I did simply, because working at a location with a suburban, upper middle class clientele is much less stressful and has less dramatic issues, from the bottom to the top.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:18 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
The irony with this thread is if someone came in and asked about a Walmart in a "diverse" neighborhood or town people would be tripping over themselves to help the person and would not attack the person. Nobody would be questioning the reasons why that person would prefer that kind of environment.

Not surprising.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:22 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,199,461 times
Well there's no reason to keep this thread ongoing any longer - it's crossed to the dark side.

You want a Wal-Mart in a safe area close to the city - than go check out the one off Touhy in Niles. It's not the greatest in the world, and you will see a few hispanics walking around, but if you want to be near Chicago - than that's your option.

If you want to be near white people more than the city of Chicago, than you'll just have to go further north of there to be sure.

Safe
White
Near Chicago

They're going to get you differnet things. I think you should focus on the first and last of those three the most, especially since you said you're not racist. Niles.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:40 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
You can't just say something racist and then be surprised when people call you out for being racist. How random is that?

And AF, you're the only one sticking up for the OP. Big shock.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:33 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Quote:
You can't just say something racist and then be surprised when people call you out for being racist. How random is that?

For example:

If someone came in this forum (let us say the person is black) and posted on here asking for majority black areas of the city to live in because that is where he/she would feel comfortable living-that makes that person a racist? Correct?

Old 10-15-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
The irony with this thread is if someone came in and asked about a Walmart in a "diverse" neighborhood or town people would be tripping over themselves to help the person and would not attack the person. Nobody would be questioning the reasons why that person would prefer that kind of environment.

Not surprising.
You are probably right, but I got some good help too so it's all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Well there's no reason to keep this thread ongoing any longer - it's crossed to the dark side.

You want a Wal-Mart in a safe area close to the city - than go check out the one off Touhy in Niles. It's not the greatest in the world, and you will see a few hispanics walking around, but if you want to be near Chicago - than that's your option.

If you want to be near white people more than the city of Chicago, than you'll just have to go further north of there to be sure.

Safe
White
Near Chicago

They're going to get you differnet things. I think you should focus on the first and last of those three the most, especially since you said you're not racist. Niles.
I agree. Thanks for the help.

Quote:

Wanting to work in a white neighborhood is not racist. You are ignorant. If a black person wants to work in a black neighborhood, he/she is racist? No. Grow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
For example:

If someone came in this forum (let us say the person is black) and posted on here asking for majority black areas of the city to live in because that is where he/she would feel comfortable living-that makes that person a racist? Correct?
Dead on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago