U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-28-2010, 03:04 PM
 
Location: Chicago
15,589 posts, read 11,817,625 times
Reputation: 1761
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofcjim40 View Post
I also wonder what you mean by this? Here it is real simply, wear a damn condom, 50 cent solution...
Keeping the legs closed costs nothing and is 100% effective.

 
Old 10-28-2010, 03:05 PM
 
Location: Humboldt Park, Chicago
2,338 posts, read 4,709,387 times
Reputation: 770
Urza,

Sorry you are out of a job. I wish you well in finding a new one that makes you happy.

I do not wish bad on you regardless of how our opinions differ.

Drug dealers do contribute but they also take away. I define a contributor as one who makes the world a better, not worse place.

Drug Dealers in Harlem used to give away turkeys during the holidays using money they made selling drugs to many of the same residents. I would argue that Harlem would have been better off without these drug dealers.
 
Old 10-28-2010, 03:14 PM
 
Location: Volker, Kansas City, MO
12,062 posts, read 17,862,514 times
Reputation: 3597
There would be far less need/demand for abortions if women of all socioeconomic levels had access to affordable birth control.

Men of this forum, why don't you take a guess what birth control costs for the uninsured? Seriously. Guess.

This is even an issue for many insured women given that many health insurance plans cover the completely uneccesary drug Viagra but don't cover birth control.
 
Old 10-28-2010, 03:18 PM
 
Location: Chicago =)
249 posts, read 215,288 times
Reputation: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago103 View Post
Why? Its probably easier to raise a family in the city now than 20 years ago. Also the OP said he would consider a good neighborhood school, easy to find in Ravenswood or Lincoln Square or he said he was open to a private school.
Oh right, sorry I accidently overlooked bro.
I wasn't speaking for the whole of Chicago, just sayin that generally I hadn't heard very much about the schools
 
Old 10-28-2010, 03:19 PM
 
Location: Chicago
15,589 posts, read 11,817,625 times
Reputation: 1761
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
There would be far less need/demand for abortions if women of all socioeconomic levels had access to affordable birth control.

Men of this forum, why don't you take a guess what birth control costs for the uninsured?...
Women (and men) can get plenty of free condoms from a variety of places in this city.

...and the state already provides free services to low income women:

http://www.illinoishealthywomen.com/


Illinois Healthcare Portal Woman
 
Old 10-28-2010, 03:22 PM
 
Location: Volker, Kansas City, MO
12,062 posts, read 17,862,514 times
Reputation: 3597
Women, especially uneducated women of a low socioeconomic status, often have very little control over condom use. I am sure you can understand why.
 
Old 10-28-2010, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Volker, Kansas City, MO
12,062 posts, read 17,862,514 times
Reputation: 3597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Women (and men) can get plenty of free condoms from a variety of places in this city.

...and the state already provides free services to low income women:

Illinois Healthy Women


Illinois Healthcare Portal Woman
That's a very good program, and one that I agree with, but aren't you against this use of taxpayer dollars?
 
Old 10-28-2010, 03:27 PM
 
Location: Chicago
15,589 posts, read 11,817,625 times
Reputation: 1761
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Women, especially uneducated women of a low socioeconomic status, often have very little control over condom use. I am sure you can understand why.
Free from the Illinois taxpayers :

* Physical exam and health history.
* Patient education and counseling about women's health, family planning and how to plan for a healthy pregnancy if and when you want to have a baby.
* Birth control.
* Pap tests.
* Sterilization services*, like getting tubes tied, for patients who are 21 years of age or older.
* Mammograms, when ordered by the doctor at your family planning visit.
* Lab tests necessary for family planning, birth control or related reproductive health.
* Testing and medicine for sexually transmitted infections found during the family planning exam, including HIV testing.
* Multivitamins and folic acid.

http://www.illinoishealthywomen.com/covered.html

================================================== ==========================

I don't buy that excuse. Not being book smart does not excuse someone from not having common sense.
 
Old 10-28-2010, 03:32 PM
 
Location: Volker, Kansas City, MO
12,062 posts, read 17,862,514 times
Reputation: 3597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Free from the Illinois taxpayers :

* Physical exam and health history.
* Patient education and counseling about women's health, family planning and how to plan for a healthy pregnancy if and when you want to have a baby.
* Birth control.
* Pap tests.
* Sterilization services*, like getting tubes tied, for patients who are 21 years of age or older.
* Mammograms, when ordered by the doctor at your family planning visit.
* Lab tests necessary for family planning, birth control or related reproductive health.
* Testing and medicine for sexually transmitted infections found during the family planning exam, including HIV testing.
* Multivitamins and folic acid.

Family Planning Services Covered by Illinois Healthy Women
If you're ages 19-44 and make less than $21,000/year.
 
Old 10-28-2010, 03:34 PM
 
Location: Chicago
15,589 posts, read 11,817,625 times
Reputation: 1761
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
If you're ages 19-44 and make less than $21,000/year.
There are places where women can get BC for $25-$50 a month. If a person is making $21,000 and above, I fail to see how $25-$50 a month is not affordable.

It is the cost of a cup of coffee or a double cheeseburger a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top