U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-01-2011, 04:37 PM

17,409 posts, read 7,971,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaiter View Post
Man gets probation in dog-lawn murder - Chicago Breaking News (http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/12/man-gets-xx-years-in-dog-lawn-murder.html - broken link)

What a joke. No wonder people continue to kill, you don't even get jail time for it.
Sounds like self-defense to me not sure why he was charged in the 1st place. All the punk had to do was apologize and keep it moving. He wanted to keep it real. Now he's 6 ft under.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 05:09 PM

4,055 posts, read 4,389,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagojlo View Post
The victim's dog peed on the guy's lawn. The old guy followed him down the street and killed him. At no point did the victim attack the old guy on his lawn or any other part of his property.
That's what I thought happened. I heard about it on the radio at work and I read about it in the Southtown Star last summer.

Some crazy old Marine was really proud of his lawn. It won awards and whatnot. His lawn was his pride and joy. Some guy let his dog pee on the old guy's lawn. He shoots and kills the guy for messing with his glorious lawn. The old guy literally sits down and waits for the police to come and arrest him.

The end.

Last edited by urza216; 01-01-2011 at 06:08 PM..

Old 01-01-2011, 06:34 PM

36,629 posts, read 57,952,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Sounds like self-defense to me not sure why he was charged in the 1st place. All the punk had to do was apologize and keep it moving. He wanted to keep it real. Now he's 6 ft under.
It's not self-defense when you provoke a confrontation with a gun and then use it.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:05 PM

245 posts, read 438,449 times
Anyone else ever get chewed out for their dog taking a squirt on someone's lawn. I know I have but I tend to be polite. Of course when the dog is peeing on my lawn I'm also polite when I ask that that not happen again. Lastly, I know what a DROP GUN is. Could have saved that Marine a boat-load of trouble.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:21 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,026,564 times
What kind of an idiot punches some one with a gun after they have brandished it and put it back in their pants?

I was trained that if in a situation where we did not have our guns and were held hostage, that you do 3 things: Comply, distract (talk down), find an exit. That's all this kid had to do. He could have said "I'm sorry, you are right", walked home, called 9-11, and the marine would have been arrested for brandishing a fire arm.

But no, he had to be a tough guy. Let me tell you something, when you try to fight a Marine with a gun, one of two things is going to happen, as this kid found out. The marine has been put through hell and it is a good thing that this judge excercised good judgement. The system still works sometimes.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:53 AM

2,060 posts, read 3,096,038 times
Sorry but you shouldn't get off with probation when you shoot and kill someone who punches you once in the face, and a punch that was weak enough to render you still able to use and then reload a weapon. Especially if you purposely went up to that person and started the fight.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:44 AM

11,544 posts, read 4,450,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
What kind of an idiot punches some one with a gun after they have brandished it and put it back in their pants?

The marine has been put through hell and it is a good thing that this judge excercised good judgement. The system still works sometimes.
Just because the guy was an idiot, which few are disputing, doesn't mean he deserved to get murdered. If that was the case a lot more people should be murdered. Anyone convicted of murder, whether you are a marine or not, should be put through hell. Convicted murderers will find no sympathy here

Old 01-02-2011, 11:06 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,026,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Just because the guy was an idiot, which few are disputing, doesn't mean he deserved to get murdered. If that was the case a lot more people should be murdered. Anyone convicted of murder, whether you are a marine or not, should be put through hell. Convicted murderers will find no sympathy here
Where is "here"? Trust me, whether or not you personally have sympathy has little if any relevance here. You are going to have to accept the fact that not all homicides, victims, perps, and sentences are created equal.

A drunk cop runs over some one and kills them, and the charges get dismissed.

A guy bombs a black church in the south , gets let off by an all white jury, then goes on tv to talk about how he did it.

A former chicago detective tortures suspects into confessing for murders to the point where the Illinois has to halt the death penalty (wonder how many innocent were fried), yet all he faces is perjury charges and lives in a lavish condo in Florida collecting a pension as we speak.

A guy walks in on his wife with her lover, they mock him, he snaps and kills the lover and gets let off due to it being a "crime of passion".

Do some reading, this stuff has been going on since the founding of our country.

And most importantly, don't F*** with a United States Marine. I know some of the pink handed key board commandos who have never been shot at might not comprehend, but it is not a hard concept to grasp. If you deface the private property of some one who had the balls to serve this country, you deserve every bullet you get, imo. Some punk kid got a good dose of street justice. That's all I see out of this.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:36 PM

36,629 posts, read 57,952,168 times
Being a former marine does not make you a demigod who is above the law. If you confront someone with a gun who is not threatening you and then kill them with it, you should be in jail. Period. And praising this miscarriage of justice doesn't repair previous miscarriages of justice. It just adds to the list of injustices.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:25 PM

4,094 posts, read 1,279,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
If you deface the private property of some one who had the balls to serve this country, you deserve every bullet you get, imo.
Guess the dog should have gotten shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago