U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 08:53 AM

3,602 posts, read 6,576,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewthedru View Post
why antisemitism from the north side? not saying it's not the case, i'm just wondering which ethnicity up here would fall into your scenario. i'm relatively new to the city and am still amazed at how so many different groups have carved out their own section of the city.
When Rahm ran for Congress (on the norht side) there was some antisemitic comments voiced by members of the Eastern European community on the north side. I remember it well.

"His strongest opponent of the seven other candidates in the 2002 Democratic primary—the real contest in this heavily Democratic district—was former Illinois State Representative Nancy Kaszak, who had unsuccessfully opposed Blagojevich in the 1996 primary. The most controversial moment of the primary election came when Edward Moskal, president of the Polish American Congress, a political action committee endorsing Kaszak, called Emanuel a "millionaire carpetbagger who knows nothing" about "our heritage". "

Rahm Emanuel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Moskal made several other comments, too. The holocaust was mentioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 09:37 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,055,823 times
What's really sad is that when Braun gets destroyed in the election, the race baiters like Jesse, Al, Mary Mitchell will blame it on racism instead of incompetence on Braun's part. This will continue to keep Chicago divided racially which keeps these folks in business. Just watch....

Old 01-05-2011, 10:55 AM

2,334 posts, read 1,700,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
What's really sad is that when Braun gets destroyed in the election, the race baiters like Jesse, Al, Mary Mitchell will blame it on racism instead of incompetence on Braun's part. This will continue to keep Chicago divided racially which keeps these folks in business. Just watch....

Believe it or not, but many black people in Chicago have their own minds and do not listen to Jesse Jackson's nonsense. IMO, he is not a real leader in the black community.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
What's really sad is that when Braun gets destroyed in the election, the race baiters like Jesse, Al, Mary Mitchell will blame it on racism instead of incompetence on Braun's part.
Well, I think your cynicism is unfounded. Rahm cannot win without black support. So if Rahm wins, what will that mean as to a racist reaction to Braun? It may mean that race was not a factor and maybe folks won't be waving the race card.

Remember Carol lost to Fitzgerald? I don't think folks were waving the race card then. Do you remember any charges of racism?

Old 01-05-2011, 03:02 PM

1,283 posts, read 1,332,382 times
Quote:
Stop this inflammatory crap! You can't find one Chicago election where people such as Jesse, Sharpton, etc have jumped in and blamed the loss of racism. Hell, Jackson ran for president and lost, and didn't blame his loss on race.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:30 PM

9,258 posts, read 11,737,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
Stop this inflammatory crap! You can't find one Chicago election where people such as Jesse, Sharpton, etc have jumped in and blamed the loss of racism. Hell, Jackson ran for president and lost, and didn't blame his loss on race.
Lenniel loves to play the aggrieved elitist. He cries with a loaf of bread under each arm.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:46 PM

4,094 posts, read 1,239,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Well, I think your cynicism is unfounded. Rahm cannot win without black support.
Remember Carol lost to Fitzgerald? I don't think folks were waving the race card then. Do you remember any charges of racism?
Braun did herself. She equated George Will with a KKK member.

This was article:

http://students.uis.edu/araut01s/cr/will.html

These were her comments:

``I think because he could not say `n****r,' he said the word `corrupt,' '' Moseley-Braun offered by way of rebutting Will's columns about her many ethical lapses. ``George Will can just take his hood and go back to wherever he came from.'' (In fact, Will hadn't said the word ``corrupt.'')

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/edi...o_hate_speech/

Old 01-05-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
Did that have anything to do with folks voting for Fitzgerald instead of her? I think you're off the subject.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:50 PM

4,094 posts, read 1,239,829 times
Quote:
Did that have anything to do with folks voting for Fitzgerald instead of her? I think you're off the subject.
You said:

Quote:
Do you remember any charges of racism?
and I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post

Voila. I am not off of the subject.

Last edited by tonythetuna; 01-05-2011 at 10:06 PM..

Old 01-05-2011, 10:02 PM

400 posts, read 518,548 times
Quote:

Which is dumb because Braun is washed up,
you go from being a one term senator to then trying to be a mayor?
Isnt that backwards? Does anyone even remember
the guy who beat her? I had to look it up, I was out of state
at the time but Peter Fitzgerald is a pretty forgettable guy,
and for a democratic senator Braun to lose
to a republican in a blue state thats pretty sad.
I knew Barack Obama was running for senate, but
never who whose seat he filled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago